Pick up my Clio 172 this friday!!!

antlan81

Hi all,

Just thought ill introduce myself. I excited to be picking up my 172 this week. Had previously owned a Golf mkv GTI, but selling it as I will be buying a house soon, will be sadly missed... BUT replacing it with another nice European hatch without losing to much in regards to performance!

Hope to be able to share my experience with this car with u all :D

Cheers

I picked up this one: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... 393DD1CA46 . It was in excellent condition, best one out of 3 I looked at and the cheapest! You can tell the seller looked after it!

Stock manual GTI and 172 there isn't much difference, but I have had a APR stage 1 ECU done to mine, so the extra 40+kw and torque does make a difference. The GTI is a fantastic car, but as u stated their is a difference in price between the two. I have only driven the 172 a few times when I test drove the ones I was looking at, so a little hard to compare at the moment.

My GTI is still for sale if anyone is interested! http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... &silo=1011

Cheers

pretty sure for performance you will find that a good driver will enjoy the 172 as much if not more than the golf...

Golf doesnt do anything wrong...its just German whereas the Clio is a little hot frenchie :)

enjoy the beast look forward to a report. if i was you i would spend the week finding some roads to indulge the wee beast with when you get it.. :D

Heh, that 172 has been for sale for a while! Contemplated putting an offer on it a few times. Enjoy it! I'll hopefully be getting a 172 in the new few weeks too :D

Nah I think ur getting mixed up with this one http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... 393DD1CA46 went to have a look at this as well and was not in as good condition as the one I purchased. The guy who I brought it off had put the listing up the day I called him. Was very happy with the price I got it at! :D

How long ago did you call? It's been up there for at least a few weeks, but yes, the one you linked has been up there for yonks. There was a silver 172 that got listed 2 weeks ago and had a deposit it on it the next day that I was interested in, but someone beat me to it!

welcome to the site!

so was the black to black by chance, or planned? you must love washing your car. he! he!

No it was by chance :lol: yeah black is a nightmare, but does look good WHEN its clean....

By the way I was lucky enough to pick up my car yesterday!!!!! I must say when I thought about downgrading from the GTI i was a bit disappointing... Not anymore!!!!! Love the 172 and very very happy with my purchase :D:D:D