Hopeful

99_FGT

Hey everyone,

newbie here, been loitering for a few weeks while I decide what I want to buy, and it looks like a Clio Sport is it.

Once I sell my Hilux that is...

Brissie based, originally from tassie though (been up here long enough to find it cold last week though).

Any advice on purchases welcome, I've had a read through the tech stickies (especially the subframe one), but still keen on one.

Like I said, once I sell the Hilux, I'll be looking to buy very soon - had my eye on a couple up here, some with a few k's on them, not sure how they fare with 150k on the clock, but open to people s thoughts on that.

Oh, and the 99_FGT came from the fact that a long time ago I used to have a 99 Forester GT, only mildly modified...

Al..

Welcome! Look for an RSC that has had it's belts done on time & that will be almost $2k saved.

Good luck with the search!

Welcome aboard Al.

From most reports, the lil'uns are good mechanically with huge Ks underneath them. Look for good maintenance records and you should be sweet.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's taken me a while (between selling the Hilux a few weeks ago, visiting relies and work) but I am finally about to make the plunge - here's hoping anyway...

I have had a mech done on one that is not at all local, but looks like a good buy. If things go well, I'll be flying in to make sure it all stacks up Friday and bringing it back this weekend. Hoping it does stack up.

Al..

Well, it's taken me a while (between selling the Hilux a few weeks ago, visiting relies and work) but I am finally about to make the plunge - here's hoping anyway...

I have had a mech done on one that is not at all local, but looks like a good buy. If things go well, I'll be flying in to make sure it all stacks up Friday and bringing it back this weekend. Hoping it does stack up.

Al..

Hi Al,

Welcome to the club. Is that the black one in NSW? If so, very nice.

Hope it goes well whichever one you get, and hope you can make it to our next Bris run.

Btw, which side of town do you live in?

Ok enough for now... and happy another is added to the flock up here.

Cheers,

WOLF

So I'm back in one piece with my new clio 172...

Monaco Blue, 93,XXXkms on the clock (had under 92000 when I bought it), 17 hours and 1400km later it is back in Brissie (plus a night in a hotel and picking Ren up in Rockie to share driving duties). Biggest problem I have now is that the mrs (Ren) has taken a fancy to it, and reckons it looks like a chick's car. I don't deny the second one... Other than sitting 120mm off the ground (and without rebuilding my driveway it isn't going lower) that is.

Drove great on the way back, few rattles and squeaks (did I mention I drove 1400km on the bruce? A new BM would have rattles after that) but it pulls solidly, fuel 6.6(edit:L/100)km from Ayr down - I stopped in Ayr at Dal Santos for a coffee to rtfm so I could work the trip computer and stereo.

Now to go read up on this immobiliser issue, as it won't start this morning...

Cheers for the welcome, you will see me at a drive day, hopefully the next one. Thanks for the offer too Wolf, although you may regret it :twisted:

Pics - needs a bllody good detail, but I reckon I washed off 30kg of bugs this morning!

th_DSC00479.jpg th_DSC00481.jpg th_DSC00485.jpg th_DSC00486.jpg

Al..

Looks good - my first renault was exactly the same.

It is not a chicks car, more an enthusiasts car and with fuel prices going up and global warming, i mean cooling, i mean climate change you will see many more small cars on the road.

Good luck with it, ahh i remember the stacker under the seat. Good times to be had ahead for you my friend.

The stacker is going to go. Well, not going to stay anyway. Purchased a new HU for it today - Alpine 103EBTi (to replace my Pioneer DEH-P65BT) so I'll keep the steering wheel controls, they are great!

I didn't say it was a chick's car, but it isn't a blokey car either, unless you know what it is.

Al..

The best way to describe something is sometimes best achieved by describing what it is not.

I can tell you it is not a:

Chicks car

Blokey car

Bogan car

Common car

Hairdressers car (blokey car owners seem to use this a lot to describe the clio)

Slow car

Poorly designed car

ahh that is all I got.

How are you finding the clutch?

Antony

• 2 weeks later...

in the uk they are usually 3 figures

ie 449 for the williams 1 or 2 and 432 for the williams 3.

cant tell in the pictures, but just wondering if you could get the same colour in a touch up pen? some berk scratched my passenger door and theres a scratch on the tailgate :(