RS265 or 275

Inkblot

Hi All,

I have looked through the forums to help me make a call on if I should get a 265 Cup or 275 Cup.

I can find a range for sale from 2015-2016 with warrenty left.  What I am struggling with is the below:

Will I notice a difference driving a 265 vs 275?

Is the difference between a 2015 vs 2016?  They seem the same to me. I understand the premium, non-premium and Trophy differances.

Has anyone brought one from interstate in the past and brought the car to QLD? How was the experience?

Thanks

Biggest difference from 265 to 275 was the adoption of the R link 2 (and warranty as you pointed out). There are 265 models with warranty still (the later ones) and there are variants of the 265 (limited editions mostly) that had the later spec infotainment.

other than that it’s mostly trim differences between late 265s and the 275. You’d be hard pressed to notice the difference performance wise especially in Sport mode (which is the recommended mode at all times) except if you get a Trophy R. They are very different from either.

Buying interstate should be no issue if you are careful and have it checked prior to purchase. I’ve bought interstate lots of times and no issues.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search 👍

• Thanks 1

It's about 7kw difference so my opinion is you won't feel it at all. Personally I'd get myself a bargain on a 265 and save some coin and put an exhaust and air intake on, perhaps even a retune if it's your thing. But I do like the alacantara interior on some of the 275s.

Edited by Docmattic
  • Thanks 1

Isn't the question the difference between the facelifted 265 cup and 275 cup?

If so, practically no difference. IIRC they are exactly the same, but the engine tune is slightly up to run the model out. Many of the 275 cup models came with factory optional leather seats too.

Where are you located? I bought mine from the gold coast sight unseen, transported to NSW South of Sydney almost to my door for about $500. Shouldn't be any issue the other way around.

I do have a 265 trophy+ with warranty if you're interested!

• Thanks 1

Thanks.  I am looking to spend up to $26k.  I have seen a few between $24-28k. I have been warned some that appear in market are ex-rentals and to stay clear of them.

Yes 265 cups with roughly 20-30K km on them with certain plates are usually ex-rentals. I.e. look for newly registered in the state (NSW is up to DX.....) because they were probably bought on auction in Perth and registered very recently locally.  

Just looking now at car sales the *edit* crap load of 2016 cup 275 with approx 40000km on them, possibly from the same dealer, bit suspicious.

I know very few people who will drive their megane that many km privately!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also just an FYI, most dealers have no idea what they have. Take this for example:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Renault-Megane-2015/OAG-AD-15615009

Not a cup premium. My best guess is it could be a 275 cup with the optional leather seats. The cup premium is something like this:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Renault-Megane-2015/SSE-AD-5517016

Note the Recaro Sportster CS seats in alcantara. There's one closer to you but I don't know if they'll drop to your budget. Note complied 2016, so warranty until 2021!

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Renault-Megane-2015/SSE-AD-5465120

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/09/2018 at 6:09 PM, Inkblot said:

Has anyone brought one from interstate in the past and brought the car to QLD? How was the experience?

I just did. Bought one from a dealer in Melbourne, as I wanted a facelift model with Recaro seats but couldn't find one in Brisbane. I probably shouldn't have bothered. The car is fine, but came with no floor mats, and it was a hassle to have to pick up the car from the depot, get a CTP first before getting the safety certificate, and visit the transport department office to get it registered.  So I lost most of the benefits of buying form a dealer, other than the security of getting a car with no financial incumbency. 

I looked at those 275's at a Brisbane dealer. They are ex rental, and I suspect most of the other 275's with 30-40k are as well. They might be a reasonable buy given the long remaining warranty, at the  right price of course. 

• Thanks 1

I just did. Bought one from a dealer in Melbourne, as I wanted a facelift model with Recaro seats but couldn't find one in Brisbane. I probably shouldn't have bothered. The car is fine, but came with no floor mats, and it was a hassle to have to pick up the car from the depot, get a CTP first before getting the safety certificate, and visit the transport department office to get it registered.  So I lost most of the benefits of buying form a dealer, other than the security of getting a car with no financial incumbency. 
I looked at those 275's at a Brisbane dealer. They are ex rental, and I suspect most of the other 275's with 30-40k are as well. They might be a reasonable buy given the long remaining warranty, at the  right price of course. 
Is it that complicated because of importing it to Qld? The other way around was very straightforward.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

A quick update. I managed to get myself a 2016 RS 275 Cup (non premium) in Flame Red.

Getting it from interstate, so I will share some photos when it arrives and I have had a chance to take it for a few drives.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RedMistVIP said:

Is flame red and capsicum red different colours

Flame Red as seen on the Clio IV. Metallic, slightly orangey in sunlight. I believe only available on Megane in the last year of production (2016).  All the UK press shots of the '275 Cup-S' are in Flame Red. I believe its now an option on Meg IV RS.

Capsicum Red was discontinued in 2015, and is just your standard bright red.

Edited by tfdpny
  • Like 1