Account for " MICAH "

Dom

Hey guys, this guy (from Aussie frogs) has been trying to join for weeks now with still no luck. At first he could not join due to his email address and now he has used someone else's address, an that was sometime ago but still not approval.

I am as frustrated as he is, surely it shouldnt be this hard. He PM me again today on Aussie frogs.

Can you please get it sorted for the guy.... Thanks

He was approved a couple of days ago mate - in fact he'd used a couple of different email addresses so he can take his pic of usernames! Perhaps the confirmation email may have been spam filtered?

Apologies for the delay as most of us have been rather busy with life outside OzRS the last few weeks. I approved about 70+ members just the other day.

Thanks mate ... i just sent him a message on Aussie frogs.

So, can i ask ... how many admins can approve new members? It sounds like its all on your head... of course we are all busy, no one would expect you or any of the other admins to spend every day on here. So could the job be rotated amoung you all... so its not left to one person ...do you need more admin people ... How do you become a admin person ... maybe you need to get some extra people who can do some of this?

Like you guys i am busy as well ... but happy to lend a hand if you want it.

Just a thought.

Thanks

We've had very few spammers of late, so we might soon discuss allowing automatic approvals again.

As for additional Admin, we really need someone in SA and another in QLD to help out - but we might start them off on a Moderator basis to begin with. If anyone would like to volunteer, please email me (no PMs!).

Thanks Dom, but I think NSW is covered for the time being with Moosey and ClioF1 - feel free to discuss that with them though.

Cheers, Dish.

We've had very few spammers of late, so we might soon discuss allowing automatic approvals again.

As for additional Admin, we really need someone in SA and another in QLD to help out - but we might start them off on a Moderator basis to begin with. If anyone would like to volunteer, please email me (no PMs!).

Thanks Dom, but I think NSW is covered for the time being with Moosey and ClioF1 - feel free to discuss that with them though.

Cheers, Dish.

Mate thanks, i wasnt looking for another job ... just thought i would put my hand up if it could be used, but as you say NSW is well covered. So is it only you that approves new members?

Can you not add the " type this word as you see it thing " when joining so you know its not a spamer? Sorry dont know the technical word for it.

Dom

Cheers, Dish.

Mate thanks, i wasnt looking for another job ... just thought i would put my hand up if it could be used, but as you say NSW is well covered. So is it only you that approves new members?

Can you not add the " type this word as you see it thing " when joining so you know its not a spamer? Sorry dont know the technical word for it.

Dom

Hi Dom.

Thanks for your offer. Yeap NSW is dutifully covered for now :)viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7077

PaulD [VIC] (site creator)

exstatic [uK] (site developer, host and IT guru)

biologist [WA Admin]

ClioF1 [NSW Admin]

Dish [VIC Admin]

e.sport [VIC Admin]

Moosey [NSW Admin]

RSC172 [QLD Admin]

Deb [Mod]

pops [Mod]

*some newbie MODS new_griffyn, dragyn, DA\/E

We all volunteer our time to approve new members. Sometimes some have more time than others, but on the whole we cover most bases. For a while when we had over 700+ spammers (using phpBB 2.0) we were better off letting it go until the new upgrade :)

Thanks to patience [the forums] and a great IT guru 8) Now its a little more civilized around here.

Except for the sometimes longer than usual wait to be approved :oops: