=D

wtf_jiggy_iggy

That's freaky dude... only yesterday I was trying to remember who it was that was asking for advice back then cos I didn't think you ended up buying anything immediately after the 17 pages of discussion we had (or however many it was LOL).

I was thinking the same thing as Griff: was it the Ringwood car? That was a good un. We still have a black one for sale (shameless plug :P )

Anyways, congrats on the purchase and go easy on the gearbox & clutch!

Safe motoring :wink:

Congratulations WJI !

Thats a helluva first car. You were the guy that created a huge debate between all of us as to wether it was too much of a handful for a first car right ?

Well, we obviously all have divided opinions still, no doubt. But put it this way, My first car was an XR Ford falcon, handled like a boat but would leave the Clio by a good 5 car lengths in a straight line, would create brake fade DURING the first brake application at speed before I up graded them. So you tell me which one was more of a handful ???

But saying that, remember the Clio is still deceptively quick, and its above average handling can easily catch out a novice driver.

So be careful brother, im sure you heard it all before in regards to driving tips. The only thing id really like to say is this...

At first treat it like a baby, LISTEN to every noise she makes, (turn your radio down for a few weeks). Observe everything it does, in regards to gear changes, engine noise, suspenion behaviour to the irregularities on the road. Pay attention to what feedback the steering wheel is giving you from your inputs. Basically, really, really get to know your car.

If you give it that respect, it will respect you :wink:

Happy days my friend

Cheers

Steve

My first car was an XR Ford falcon, handled like a boat but would leave the Clio by a good 5 car lengths in a straight line

Do you mean XR as in the XR Model falcon from the 60's, Or an XR (6/8), If so what year was it, Because I had an EL XR6 in Manual, and that thing was not as quick as the Clio. At the very very optimistic most it would have broken even with it...

Welcome WTFJI (Whats with the name?) P Plater with a 172 Fantastic mate, I was JUST off my P's when I got my 182! Should have done it earlier, it's taught me much about handling dynamics :) you'll have to come on cruises now hhaha, what part of Vic you from?

Cheers

-Danny

ok so im gonna attempt to use the quotes to reply...

Thats a helluva first car. You were the guy that created a huge debate between all of us as to wether it was too much of a handful for a first car right ?

yer that was me =D

Welcome WTFJI (Whats with the name?) P Plater with a 172 Fantastic mate, I was JUST off my P's when I got my 182! Should have done it earlier, it's taught me much about handling dynamics Smile you'll have to come on cruises now hhaha, what part of Vic you from?

the name...well me and my cousin had to come up with a good name one day for an email and decided on that...although il go by jiggy. I'm not a P Plater yet...got another 11 months =] We decided the earlier the better to get me driving the car id have for my p's. I'm around the dandenong region.

Welcome to the forum :)

I think its good to have a "car with balls" as a first car. Esp. with manual gearbox.

put it this way my first car was a 205GTI! She sure taught me how to drive properly haha

My first car was an XR Ford falcon, handled like a boat but would leave the Clio by a good 5 car lengths in a straight line

Do you mean XR as in the XR Model falcon from the 60's, Or an XR (6/8), If so what year was it, Because I had an EL XR6 in Manual, and that thing was not as quick as the Clio. At the very very optimistic most it would have broken even with it...

Cheers

-Danny

Danny, It was the old XR Falcon from the 60's. With a worked 302 Windsor motor.

Cheers

Steve