Total newbie...

kheven

Hi everyone!

Found the site due to some costly repairs and needing some expert opinions.

I'm a 25 years old Male, live in the outer south-east suburbs of Melbourne, and have a RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup Edition. Was purchased brand new in March 2006 from the then 'Oakleigh Euro' in the Chadstone area.

I know this is going to sound lame, but the first time I sat in my car when it was on the showroom floor, i knew it was the car for me 8)

To this day, i've not had anything go wrong with the car at all...that I didn't cause myself.

About three months after I bought the car, I was backing out of my garage.

Next thing I hear was a really loud noise, with a kind of grinding sound. :shock:

As a result of a faulty garage remote, the garage door had come down on top of my car. Because it made contact as I was backing out, it had left massive scratches, and a light warping of the roof. :evil:

Luckily insurance covered it, because the roof needed to be replaced.

Over the weekend, I'll try and put a post in the forum with details of the audio system I've had installed.

Here are a couple of pics

Pq2cZ1B9.jpg

aV2DHAKi.jpg

See you in the forums!

Kevin

the first time I sat in my car when it was on the showroom floor, i knew it was the car for me 8)

8)

These cars are too cool.

Welcome to the community! :mrgreen:

[Did Colin do a double-take when you arrived at Alpine Affaire? He looks after mine too!]

thanks everyone :D

it's good to be here.

I didn't pick up on a double-take from Colin...

He did mention that he'd taken the Clio III out for a spin, and still favours the 172 as the best of the 3 most recent Clio Sport models.

I'm good Matteo. Apart from finding Alpine Affair, I stumbled across possibly the most comfotable pair of wollen slippers when I went to pick up my car. Sorry, not car related. I just get amused easily. :)

How's your R26 treating you?

I'm good Matteo. Apart from finding Alpine Affair, I stumbled across possibly the most comfotable pair of wollen slippers when I went to pick up my car. Sorry, not car related. I just get amused easily. :)

How's your R26 treating you?

Gday, i can say that after a year of ownership and 13,000km she hasn't put a wheel wrong, great car

see you around...

Hi everyone!

Found the site due to some costly repairs and needing some expert opinions.

I'm a 25 years old Male, live in the outer south-east suburbs of Melbourne, and have a RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup Edition. Was purchased brand new in March 2006 from the then 'Oakleigh Euro' in the Chadstone area.

I know this is going to sound lame, but the first time I sat in my car when it was on the showroom floor, i knew it was the car for me 8)

To this day, i've not had anything go wrong with the car at all...that I didn't cause myself.

About three months after I bought the car, I was backing out of my garage.

Next thing I hear was a really loud noise, with a kind of grinding sound. :shock:

As a result of a faulty garage remote, the garage door had come down on top of my car. Because it made contact as I was backing out, it had left massive scratches, and a light warping of the roof. :evil:

Luckily insurance covered it, because the roof needed to be replaced.

Over the weekend, I'll try and put a post in the forum with details of the audio system I've had installed.

Here are a couple of pics

Pq2cZ1B9.jpg

aV2DHAKi.jpg

See you in the forums!

Kevin

Yes Kheven,

The first Renault I ever sat in and drove is the same one that sit in my drive way now.

With all its bumps and klunks, its the best fun I've ever had.

Rob.

Gday Kevin,

Gotta say the same, I drove mine and that was it. I bought it! Welcome :)

BTW, you'd be hard pressed seeing many 182's in Berwick!

Sorry Moosey! I have no excuses :(

But don't worry, now that I'm here, I'm not going anyway in a hurry

Yeah there ain't too many 182's round my parts. It does stand out a bit

But I can't get away with anything cause people can spot me from a mile away :P

Yeah there ain't too many 182's round my parts. It does stand out a bit

But I can't get away with anything cause people can spot me from a mile away :P

The guy who owns tyrepower down there keeps mentioning that there's this Clio he keeps seeing that's the same as mine...

I guess that'd be you 8)