Model / version register

Mase

Hi fellas - I was thinking that it may be worth creating a listing of the RS models and versions in Aust. Detail would not be critical but just a basic outline of the latest Aust RS history. This is above my head tho as I note a lot of you utilise acronyms which I have to ponder for a while. There must be at least versions on RS cars here at the mo and soon to be more..

Anyone up to the challenge? I imagine it would be very easy for FI, swish, murcod etc to do. Make a good sticky.

Thoughts?..perhaps this has been done before?

Hi Mase, theres a blank thread I created in FAQ to set up technical info on the different Clio models but I intended to start it off as a basic model listing and take it from there. I could change it to apply to all RS models in Aus. Maybe its a good place to start, I can add info to the thread if sent to me by email or other.

Hi F1 - I was thinking something along the lines of like how you started the thread

Mk 1

What is it re RS models as there are a few versions pre dating it OS. I know it was a limited edition (LE) here in aust so idividual numbers etc

Mk 2

Variations on Mk 1, interior, headlights...other?

Then there was the ESP and cruise control...when it Renault Aust release the later versions?

Mk 3

Variations to Mk 2, exhaust manifold, wider track, 16" rims, cup or non-cup...limited editions? Which ones have the stripes..is there meaning behind the FRB colour

That sort of thing.

I have a vague knowledge but nothing overly accurate.

Anthony and I talked about doing this a couple of years ago, but we didn't quite manage to get it off the ground. Someone with a bit of time on their hands out there who wants to make a start with some text (could be a word document as a start) and the admins can maybe then finish it off and post it? Or we could go the group project and start it as a thread, open up for contributions and the admins can edit/update the original post until we're happy with it.

Anthony and I talked about doing this a couple of years ago, but we didn't quite manage to get it off the ground. Someone with a bit of time on their hands out there who wants to make a start with some text (could be a word document as a start) and the admins can maybe then finish it off and post it? Or we could go the group project and start it as a thread, open up for contributions and the admins can edit/update the original post until we're happy with it.

See my thread in the FAQ section mate, pretty much what I've proposed. If anyone posts up or emails/PMs me some info I can collate and manage the thread.