172 - Brisbane

MarkP 172 sport

Hello and good morning to you all.

My name is Mark and I thought I should introduce myself. Recently I purchased a 2002 Clio sport. I am very impressed with her and she is a fantastic car to drive, I am very pleased. A bit about me, I live on the north side of Brisbane (at Albany Creek) and work full time as a Night Manager in a hotel in the city. I am a university student studying health and physical secondary education at QUT (current second year student) and I play basketball. So every weekend is free. I would be very interested in getting to know some fellow RCS owners and in contributing to the website. The car is flame red in colour and has 60k on the clock.

I love driving and when ever I have spare time there is nothing more pleasing than a good cruise, I notice you guys organise cruises at times, well I am down for a cruise when ever, preferably on the weekends. My contact number is 0420 904 122, please if you are interested in going for a drive on any weekend txt or give me a call and I will be more than willing to join you.

I will attach a couple of pictures of my car. That is me standing by my vehicle in the first picture, I took the other picture just before. These pictures are of bad quality because they were taken from a mobile phone. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Regards, Mark

Mestandingbymyclio.jpg

Image010.jpg

G'day Mark, welcome to the forum! :)

It's good to the the QLD contingent growing quite strongly. If you look back through the newbie posts, you'll see that there have been quite a few in the recent times! Great to see! :lol:

Glad you love the car. They're pretty good, eh?

Well I did a lot of research on cars I was interested in but after the test drive I had my heart set on her. For my current situation she is just perfect for the time being. As much as I love the feeling when boost kicks in with a turbo charged car I just do not see the point when you get similar performance from a NASP 2.0l which is very good on fuel. For the money as well, great bang for buck. I was looking at a few turbo cars, but insurance would be too high (under 25) and petrol costs as well. Besides if I was going to buy a turbo charged car I could not get a cheap one. I would have to buy a car of similar standard like my brother, who has an EVO 8 MR :).

hey mark,

ive just bought an 03 clio rcs... i live just down the road from you (eatons x ing that is), my mate and I go up mt glorious fairly often... if your interested?

I too am at qut (gp) studying civil engineering. My mate is a mechanical engineer... we are currently designing (with our technological expertise and giant textbooks on fluid dynamics) a new intake manifold for his 300zx and my rcs... where we will then have it made up by his work (deals with custom piping for all sorts of stuff from sewers to power stations... And i work for a pipelining company... all works:)

PS: Will let you all know when we are happy with the design and its performance... will be a lot cheaper than the 3500 pounds from ktech.

Oh and have decided to just get most of my work custom done... easier that way... will be happy to share blueprints when done.

I too am at qut (gp) studying civil engineering. My mate is a mechanical engineer... we are currently designing (with our technological expertise and giant textbooks on fluid dynamics) a new intake manifold for his 300zx and my rcs... where we will then have it made up by his work (deals with custom piping for all sorts of stuff from sewers to power stations... And i work for a pipelining company... all works:)

Ooooooh...

Anyways, hi Mark. I'm in the Western suburbs, delivering pizzas. I'm sure we'll meet some time...for example at the next QR Trackday (15th of September, I believe...)

• 3 months later...

Hey Steve, well come to think of it, I believe I saw you the other day at Albany Creek, you have a blue 182 with a lot of stickers on hey? I saw you at the lights turning right onto Albany Creek Road one afternoon as I was returning from Chermside shopping centre, I was just going to grab a late lunch with my friend at the chinese restaurant next to blockbuster, which literally is a two minute drive for me... If you live in that area that you were turning from too then you live near me, very close... What road was it???? oh yes, Keong road.

Oh and Matteo, R26 do seem pretty good, im sure they would indeed kill evos and rexs, but. . . my brother has a jap spec evo and sorry but this thing would kill an R26. Perhaps I may upgrade to an R26 one day, but for now, I love my RSC.

I work at the *********, corner of ********* and **********, there monday through to friday night, as I work night shift, ever in the city at night my cars in the car park there, visable...

Well Steve, if you are close to ******** road you literally live about 1-2 minutes from me then, Ill keep a lookout for a 99 STI too, what colour is it?

EDITED BY DISH - mate, don't be so trusting! Please PM details if you have to - you never know who might be reading this.