Hello, and quick noob question re CD stacker/hazard lights

andy

Hi guys,

Picked up an '03 RSC 172 on Tuesday. Very exciting car to drive, and has a lot of personality. Its little idiosyncrasies just add the the fun imo. I've already given her a nice wash, and polish and am looking forward to taking good care of her (I haven't come up with a name yet)

Anyhow, below are my noobish questions.

Silly question #1: CD Stacker

I know the CD stacker is under the passenger seat, but how do you open it up? I can't really see it and nothing seems to want to budge. I'm prob a little scared of using excessive force as I don't want to break anything just yet.

Silly Question #2: Hazard Lights button

The hazard lights button doesn't want to stay in place, and therefore, the hazard lights go off all the time (unless I wedge a piece of cardboard in). I knew of this when I bought the car. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? if so what did you do to fix it? Price? I can live with it, but if it's cheap to fix I may as well fix it.

Cheers guys

Welcome :mrgreen:

Silly question #1: CD Stacker. Slide the cover from (when sitting in passenger seat) L to R or is that R to L

Silly Question #2: Hazard Lights button. Warranty replacement. 03 model is it still under factory warranty?

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the 172 Club. I'm a three/four week old member now also. Still loving it (and those idiosyncrasies <--- I can't spell it so I copied your attempt).

Question 1: Looking directly at the front of the stacker, the front left half slides open towards the passenger door. At least you know where the stacker is, I tried to keep feeding discs in the cd player thinking the stacker was in there.

Question 2: That's annoying.

Andrew.

Thx,

Re the Hazard lights, can't do a warranty job as it's >100,000km

The button just doesn't seem to want to click in. Just looks a little tacky with a random piece of cardboard holding it in place. It popped out today so that prompted me to get to the bottom of it

Nice mate!! Enjoy!

Are u the one who everyone thought was in Adelaide but ur actually in Sydney? If so make sure u get along to the drive day on the 1st of April!

Yep that's me

I'd love to come to the drive, but I'll see how I go as I might not be in the state over that w/e

Being busy sucks :(

I just bought another $200 worth of car cleaning gear (online) to compliment some of the stuff I had prior. There's already much love!

Hi Andy, welcome and enjoy your 172.

Re hazard warning light, replace it, but my dealer recommended doing so with one from Laguna @ about $27 which is apparently less than half of cost for the Clio item. But you have to prise the lens off your old one and put it on the laguna body as the lens has a different shape which stops it operating on the Clio. Fairly easy to prise out the panel in which the switch is located using a thin paint scraper, though the dealer service supervisor said they usually remove the radio to allow access.

Good luck.

hmmm

Just another random question

When I have the keys in the ignition, and have turned it so that the radio/CD player comes on (but not far enough to start the engine), there is a strange repetitive sound coming from under the bonnet.

If I face the car head-on, it's coming from the bottom left area under the bonnet. Is that normal with RSCs?

Tks

hmmm

Just another random question

When I have the keys in the ignition, and have turned it so that the radio/CD player comes on (but not far enough to start the engine), there is a strange repetitive sound coming from under the bonnet.

If I face the car head-on, it's coming from the bottom left area under the bonnet. Is that normal with RSCs?

Tks

Hey Andy,

Pretty sure that's the engine preparing to start... I think it's the Fuel Pump or something rather. All normal!

I always thought it was the priming of the electronic throttle, because when you turn it off again, the noise stops with a charateristic "click" of the butterfly snapping shut.

Hey Andy,.......... welcome..................and are you the guy who is actually in Sydney, but your heart's in Adelaide ?

Go with your heart baby !!

Just did one 2 months ago when I bought the Cup

Recommend it to all

Do it when we've got a track day here at Mallala or Collingrove

Want some dates?

Welcome Andy!

I'm surprised that your car made it that long without getting the problem that has afflicted so many others by now. If the previous owner(s) had reported this to Renault before the warranty expired you may still be able to get them to look at it. It's a common fault and not a very expensive fix, so do some begging if you have to!

As for the stacker, if you haven't worked it out by now, the door slides open from the right to the left as you're facing forwards (so push away from the driver's seat) and is in 2 sections. You need to open both fully to allow the cartridge to pop out, and to do so push the little green button that is located in the corner (you'll see what I mean!).

Congrats on the purchase, and best of luck with it.

Cheers, Dish.

(fellow Pearl Black 172 "custodian")