Anakie RSC

bonnick

Greetings from another proud 2002 RSC 172 Cup owner. :D

Ours is known as ELMO and is great fun to drive but has some quirks that detract from the over all performance. I wonder if these sound familiar..

1. on acceleration there is a buzz/rattle from the engine bay:

the top right engine mount is new but need to check it is centered by the 4 holding bolts. I also need to inspect the bottom mount the one with the twist in it as apparently the bushes wear and allow vibration on exhaust housing.... any other obvious causes i missed?

2. the front tyres wear on the outside shoulders indicating near positive camber... can these be adjusted to 1.25 1.5 deg neg camber without special bolts, and is 1 deg toe out about right. I appreciate the cornering ability but feel these changes would dramatically improve handling. I am happy with stock suspension otherwise.

3. I run 195/50/15 tyres, how much improvement is gained by 195/45/16, will I have a harsh ride and can any one recommend good performing tyres for road and track.

4. The RSC brakes are hypersensitive, too soft in feel and bite too hard. Very easy to give whiplash to unsuspecting passengers, is there a way to gain better feel through a more progressive pedal adjustment, or different brake pads. My discs are cross drilled too is that the problem..

I look forward to taking ELMO on the track my prior car being a fully prepped fwd corolla 4age 20v. I did a 1.49 at winton in this car so hope to get close with ELMO, in full road trim.

Hope to catch some RSC enthusiasts in the near future, cheers Nick and Bonnie

cars011.jpg

[/img]

Welcome to the forum, it's late so I will leave the fellas to answer your questions, in fact thsi post would be more suited to techical & care care.

However, you do need camber bolts to adjust them can pick them up from whiteline for about $75, most people agree the -1.5 is good for everyday use. I just drove Wade,s car and big difference in handling.

Enjoy the car :P

By the way where are you located?

Welcome!

You talked about Winton so i'm guessing Sth Aus?

Oh & Australia never received the 172 Cups that Europe did :oops: so I'm sorry to say that your's just a regularly 172 (still brilliant!)

Hope this forum helps to iron out the teething problems

Cheers,

Alex

Hi there,

Anakie is between Geelong and Melbourne about 20 mins west of Avalon, up in the Brisbane ranges.. confusing eh.

My car has the CUP on the hatch lid and used to have yellow 172 numbers below the CUP before I peeled them off due to damage to the 2. Maybe they are aftermarket badges, they look original. Would there be a serial number or compliance id to differentiate cup from standard 172. :shock:

I'd send a pic but the img doesnt want to upload :?

Cheers Nick

Hi there,

Anakie is between Geelong and Melbourne about 20 mins west of Avalon, up in the Brisbane ranges.. confusing eh.

My car has the CUP on the hatch lid and used to have yellow 172 numbers below the CUP before I peeled them off due to damage to the 2. Maybe they are aftermarket badges, they look original. Would there be a serial number or compliance id to differentiate cup from standard 172. :shock:

I'd send a pic but the img doesnt want to upload :?

Cheers Nick

Here you go just got rid of the following [/url]

[/img] bit from your link

cars011.jpg

Welcome to OzRS :mrgreen:

Winton is here so my moneys on Melbourne

my bad... us northern folk don't know much bout anybody else, especially u Mexicans :wink:

i think i got confused with Mallala :shock: or is that somewhere else altogether?!?!

Bonnick: hmmm i was of the understanding that there were no Cups... could somewhere jump in here?

U can by Cup badges off ebay... just ask Teki. he gave me one but i haven't put it on yet!!

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... 83&start=0

looks like i got stooged as car ws sold as cup, well thats long ago now, buyer beware. still ELMO is a great goer I'll track him in club sprints soon...

Not to sure I thought there where 172 cups in this country, I could be wrong.

looks like i got stooged as car ws sold as cup, well thats long ago now, buyer beware. still ELMO is a great goer I'll track him in club sprints soon...

I think i remember seeing this car on carsales about a year ago, with the cup badges on the back. i have a feeling elmo was previously owned by a OZRS member but cant remember who exactly. but that would be a long time ago now as you say.

good luck with the car!! i may see you on my frequent great ocean road drives!

Not to sure I thought there where 172 cups in this country, I could be wrong.

Yeh... I don't think it's a cup 'cos it's not that special Blue & it ain't got Turinis

EDIT: it's still really nice though!!