New Melbourne member

vlad

Hi all!

well, my first couple of posts were in the wanted area. unfortunately, none of the members got lucky, but i certainly did. ended up picking up a beautiful 2004 172 for a great price.

What can i say, its just bloody fantastic. I've downgraded from an Evo 7, decided money could be spent better elsewhere and went with RCS. NO regrets. its a beautiful little car. has got heeps of poke, handles sensationally and noone tries to race off every signle traffic light. Love it. and its got so many options that noone would even dream off with the Evo... unbelievable! :) well chuffed.

the car will stay as is for now and then we will see! :)

couple of picks for you guys to comment on

looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying some nice drive days.

cheers, Vlad

IMGP0223_resize.jpg

IMGP0221_resize.jpg

Welcome Vlad!

Ouch....you went from an EVO to a Clio? Even when taking into account the fact that the Clio is awesome for what it is/how much it costs, isn't that an almost unbearable drop in performance?

From what I've heard about Evo build quality though, you must feel like you're in a German car sometimes :D

Welcome Vlad!

Ouch....you went from an EVO to a Clio? Even when taking into account the fact that the Clio is awesome for what it is/how much it costs, isn't that an almost unbearable drop in performance?

From what I've heard about Evo build quality though, you must feel like you're in a German car sometimes :D

DAM!!!!! I'm with Pete on this one.... I would trade my left nut to be driving an EVO (I said to drive, not to pay for it though :P:P:P:P ) ....ok, maybe not my left nut.

How much difference is the handling in the EVO and Renault?

Welcome Vlad!

DAM!!!!! I'm with Pete on this one.... I would trade my left nut to be driving an EVO (I said to drive, not to pay for it though :P:P:P:P ) ....ok, maybe not my left nut.

How much difference is the handling in the EVO and Renault?

:shock: who would give you an evo for one of your testies? In fact, who would give you ANYTHING for one of your testies?

Pete, you'd be surprised...its not THAT unbearable a drop!

yes, the EVO was MUCH faster... but as far as driver involvement the cars are very close! the a*** might be a bit more twitchy in the RCS, but manageable. turn in is not as sharp but still VERY sharp. the two things that i DO miss is the extra short steering in the EVO (not in my car park though :) ) and the pedals... i still cannot manage heel-n-toe properly in the RCS. otherwise, its a beauty of a car.

and the build quality.... supreme compared to Evo! :)

and to tell you the truth, EVO is too powerful for a daily driver, the moment you press the loud pedal, you're over 100 already. with the RCS, you can still have heaps of fun and be legal. its not as easy to break the law in it.

If i could, id have the Evo as a track car and RCS for a daily driver.

cheers, Vlad

That's good to hear, Vlad. I know what you mean about being able to have fun for longer in a slower car. I used to say the exact same thing about my Swift Gti :) I would imagine in the evo you would have been gang-raping the speed limit before you had a chance to enjoy the acceleration. I suppose as well that a true car-nut would enjoy driving any decent driver's car. I guess that's how all those reviewers can jump into a Clio or a Type-R after driving a Zonda and still be able to appreciate them.

thanks for a warm welcome guys!

it seems there arent too many melbourne people here for some reason. even when i was looking for the car, most of the RCSs were up in Sydney. is it the wrong weather down here in Melbourne or something?!

so when's the next drive day? :)

cheers, Vlad

Ah.... so you lot are hiding?! i see now... well, come out now.... lets go for a drive, bbq, drink! a get-together in other words

cheers, Vlad

thanks for a warm welcome guys!

it seems there arent too many melbourne people here for some reason. even when i was looking for the car, most of the RCSs were up in Sydney. is it the wrong weather down here in Melbourne or something?!

so when's the next drive day? :)

cheers, Vlad

Welcome to OzRS :mrgreen: We're not ostentatious like some of our bretheren :wink: As for drive days keep an eye on here they come up every now & then.

yeap, that was me! :) i will come, for sure... maybe not the one open at the moment, because paying 60 bucks for a ferry ride just doesnt seem like a reasonable thing to do.

cheers, Vlad