Newbie with questions

cwilko

Hey guys!, I'm new here. I own a pre facelift 2013 Megane GT220 wagon and I have a couple of questions. Since the GT 220 didn't sell as well as the R.S models there aren't many parts for them, so I was wondering since the R.S models and the gt220 have the same engine does this mean that parts are interchangeable such as exhausts, intakes and the like. Speaking of exhausts, do you guys have any suggestions for exhausts? I was thinking of doing a resonator delete to start with but I can't find videos any where as to what it would sound like. so if any of you have done it and have a video I'd love to see it !! my third question is does anyone know where I can find an r-link system because I'm thinking of buying one and installing it but I have no idea where to find one. Any advice or information about anything Renault would be really helpful. Thank you !!!!

Intake should be same I would think, exhaust is different because of the wagon chassis, de-res will have the same general effect as on the RS, adds a little snap, crackle, pop without making it noticeably louder, think a few 220 owners on here have done it.

R-Link is doable, but if you are looking for plug and play it's not that simple. In terms of buying the bits wreckers are generally the best option. I've cobbled a couple together getting bits from multiple sources relative inexpensively. Bits required depend on the cars current setup.

11 hours ago, Matt205 said:

Intake should be same I would think, exhaust is different because of the wagon chassis, de-res will have the same general effect as on the RS, adds a little snap, crackle, pop without making it noticeably louder, think a few 220 owners on here have done it.

R-Link is doable, but if you are looking for plug and play it's not that simple. In terms of buying the bits wreckers are generally the best option. I've cobbled a couple together getting bits from multiple sources relative inexpensively. Bits required depend on the cars current setup.

What bits would i need for R-Link? because in my current car i'm pretty sure i've just got the mk1 R.S monitor.  

Ok, so no body has been able to confirm if Apple Carplay works on R-Link or not, but Android Auto does. The advantage with AA is google maps or waze for navigation, media and voice control. Can't comment on Carplay. Using nav from your phone also means you won't need the SD card which always seem to go missing on wrecker cars, plus the TomTom nav is a bit shit.

You will need;

Minimum - the head unit, the display with surround, the multimedia interface unit, the aux/usb/sd card module, gps antenna.

Somewhat optional - the joystick controller, a valid sd card, needed if you want to use the built in TomTom nav. There is another module for telemeatics, pretty sure all this does is connect to 2G for traffic so completely redundant now.

You will also need as much of the wiring as the wrecker will give you for each of the modules/units. The alternative is to find a complete wiring loom, pull the dash out and swap it. I personally think that is overkill and is a massive job, I've also never been able to find a wrecker willing to pull an entire wiring loom.

You will need to be adept at wiring, have patience and a willingness to have a go.

I have done 2, one on my 250, another in my Laguna wagon and I assisted in another in a 265.

• Like 1