Help needed for mounts with a 225

lucapanuch

Hi guys,

I'm still relatively new to the forum, but after a recent service I got told to change my mounts.

Can anyone recommend some good replacement mounts for a Renault 225 available in Australia, and do you also have any other tips associated with the matter?

Cheers,
Luca

41 minutes ago, lucapanuch said:

Hi guys,

I'm still relatively new to the forum, but after a recent service I got told to change my mounts.

Can anyone recommend some good replacement mounts for a Renault 225 available in Australia, and do you also have any other tips associated with the matter?

Cheers,
Luca

Suggest you take your car to Renotech for all work and assessments.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lucapanuch said:

Hi guys,

Cheers,
Luca

Where are you located? And can you do work yourself?

• Like 1

Typically it’s the top right engine mount and dogbone mount at the bottom middle of engine. Both easy to do at home in the garage. I’ve been told non genuine top mount don’t last as long, can’t comment on the after market special stuff from the UK so I’d get the Renault ones. My tip would be not to pay to have them changed when it’s really quite easy to do at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lucapanuch said:

I'm located in Sydney, and I'm alright with working on it myself, can always ask my more experienced dad for help

No problem. As mentioned above the top and bottom mounts are easy enough. As long as not putting a power flex bush in the bottom mount.

The gearbox one is not too bad and the side engine one is meant to be easy but I have never done it. 

If you want genuine parts look up in Europe I think it was genuine Renault parts or something. Or if you want aftermarket use spareto and stick to brands such as febi Bilstein and other big names

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, woot woot said:

No problem. As mentioned above the top and bottom mounts are easy enough. As long as not putting a power flex bush in the bottom mount.

The gearbox one is not too bad and the side engine one is meant to be easy but I have never done it. 

If you want genuine parts look up in Europe I think it was genuine Renault parts or something. Or if you want aftermarket use spareto and stick to brands such as febi Bilstein and other big names

Thanks heaps, really appreciate your help!

1 minute ago, lucapanuch said:

Thanks heaps, really appreciate your help!

Ohh if you need help with genuine part numbers use either Kam racing, Ktec racing or Renault parts direct for the numbers and paste them into spareto to get aftermarket matches. You can order directly from Kam racing and Ktec if you want genuine. Postage is up and down with both companies.

• 2 weeks later...