Hey Cats! New RS family member in SA

Cheech

Hi OZRS Cats,

Quick intro, (proud) owner of recently acquired '14 Meg RS Cup. Basic, no options, but she's killer! Makes me smile every time I get behind the wheel. Stage 1 tuned, res. delete, intake + short shift on order from K-TEC; once intake/shift kit done other than tyres I don't think anything else needs changing, she's near perfect as she is. Colour = Oyster Grey.

I've owned some fun cars; Cordia GSR, VL and SIII Bluebird (FJ20T) all modded, '69 Dodge Charger RT (genuine), '65 Belvedere post coupe....and none of those cars are as fun to drive as the Meg, end of story, fun-kart for the streets.

Love the forum, no shortage of genuine thoughts/ideas/suggestions/assistance available, appreciate the inputs from the experts and 'those in the know' (that's my sense of humor for those who aren't technically minded, please leave it to the pro's). Enough from me, enjoy the holiday season (what's left) and drive safe!

PS I would like to find a good workshop in SA to look after my baby, so if anyone can provide a recommendation it'd be much appreciated (city, Western or Northern suburbs ideally, but I'm prepared to go further if/as required).  

2014 Meg RS.jpg

• Like 8

Welcome.  Will Dodson at dodsonautogarage.com.au located near the Showgrounds is the go to man for Meg. III servicing & repairs.

• Like 2

Just found your post (can hear people's nails scraping against the blackboard as I'm typing!!), appreciate the quick ping! Thanks

Welcome mate, how good is a Meg 3!

Just my opinion, but maybe see if you can try a short shift in someone's before commiting to the install, personally think it's a shitty mod, makes the shift less precise and more likely to pick the wrong gear. You might love it though!

• Like 1

Welcome. Get her into the Hills

Will @ Dodson is the man to go to

If you need an actual Renault dealer you will have to go to the Barossa as the two in town (co-owned) are useless 

in case you haven’t already found it we have an SA based FB group RenaultSportSA

• Like 1

Appreciate the responses/feedback, thank you.

She's done a few trips to the Adelaide hills, definitely where she does her best work, chews up the corners, an absolute pleasure through the twisties, woop woop. 

I plan to avoid the 'branded dealers' unless absolutely necessary, as she's long out of warranty I don't think there's likely to be a need BUT you never know; I'll look to Will for sure.

Cheers for the heads up! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just had a service done by Dodson Auto Garage and I cannot speak HIGHLY enough of Tony, Will and the Team - thanks Deet & roblee8g (big ups to both of you!). I'll happily part with my hard earned for service like that from hereon. Besides the service I had the KTec intake & 4H short shifter installed - not sure how long the intake kit will remain installed (a little noisier than I'd like, perhaps I'll get used to it??) but the short shifter is an absolute must IMHO. Shifting is so much more precise and less rubbery compared to standard, slightly notchy but the notchy feel provides assurance or a degree of deliberate-ness when changing that doesn't exist with the standard shifter (which makes sense because of the reduced moment, plus the 4H shifter is made of thicker section).

Edited by Cheech
  • Like 2