Google AD Words - Revenue Stream for OZRS

The Jeffster

Should we have Ad Words to generate revenue?  

1. 1. Should we have Ad Words to generate revenue?

• Yes
    • No

As the site has been suffering bandwidth issues maybe it's time to upgrade the hosting and we can py for it by using Google AD Words. These are good cuase they are not banners and are just text links along the right hand side.

If they are generating a lot of revenue, maybe the admins could have a kitty for BBQ and track days?

Interested on wht you guys think?

How does it all work Jeff?

Must admit I know nothing of this...

Basicly you let google know who you are, what type of traffic and other parameters and that you are happy to take thier feed of Ad Words, see the the link here:

http://www.google.com/services/adsense_tour/

You can also generate revenue from have a google search bar on the site, as I do this for a living I can help you guys out. I like Ad Words for us better cuase they aren't as intrusive as banners.

I resisted adwords for years on my site, then I caved and now I wonder why I didn't take advantage of that extra hunnerd a month earlier.

They're quite discreet, can be tailored to match your site's appearance, and are generally quite acceptable. I've managed to implement them several times with success.

If it's not going to be ridiculous, then I don't see why not!

A little side bar thing never hurt...

I've seen them on other sites, and they're not too bad... although a bit annoying at times when you accidentally click on them when you want to scroll down

How does it all work Jeff?

Must admit I know nothing of this...

Basicly you let google know who you are, what type of traffic and other parameters and that you are happy to take thier feed of Ad Words, see the the link here:

http://www.google.com/services/adsense_tour/

You can also generate revenue from have a google search bar on the site, as I do this for a living I can help you guys out. I like Ad Words for us better cuase they aren't as intrusive as banners.

Hey Jeffster.

Had a bit of a read and did some further research. Looks simple enough. Just a question re cost. It seems you put up a figure then as users click the link you pay a pre-determined price for it..?

You can maximize your revenue potential by displaying Google ads on your website. Google puts relevant CPC (cost-per-click) and CPM (cost per thousand impressions) ads through the same auction, and lets them compete against one another. The auction takes place instantaneously, and, when it’s over, AdSense automatically displays the text or image ad(s) that will generate the maximum revenue for a page -- and the maximum revenue for you.

It seems straight forward.

Now your suggestion re https://adwords.google.com.au/select/Login From what I've read it appears similar to adsense. Is that right? and can you expand on this?

Cheers :mrgreen:

Hey mate adwords are for advertisers looking for places to put ads.

Adsense is for publishers looking to offer their websites ro carry the ads.

You can shoose which advertisers you want on the site, for OZRS we wold ecpext things like autoparts, tuning tires, etc.

The actual CPC (Cost Per Click) is determined by gooogle, will post more later

Hey mate adwords are for advertisers looking for places to put ads.

Adsense is for publishers looking to offer their websites ro carry the ads.

You can shoose which advertisers you want on the site, for OZRS we wold ecpext things like autoparts, tuning tires, etc.

The actual CPC (Cost Per Click) is determined by gooogle, will post more later

Righty ohh then. When you get the chance please post more :mrgreen:

Does this work the same as adsense in the way that we get money only if people actually click the links, or do they pay for us just displaying the links? Because I doubt there will be any clicks from this site if it's a cash-for-clicks type thing. Also, we can't click the links just to raise money.

Does this work the same as adsense in the way that we get money only if people actually click the links, or do they pay for us just displaying the links? Because I doubt there will be any clicks from this site if it's a cash-for-clicks type thing. Also, we can't click the links just to raise money.

You can choose CPC or CPM depends what one you want. And the "Site" makes money no the memebers, if you want to click on a link cuase your interested than that's your business, you jut can 't tell people to click for no reason.

Guys,

Thanks for your initiative, and suggestions.

We have discussed it as administrators to decide whether the need for it is that great, at present there is no need for further income streams to keep the site running, as the bandwidth issues appear to be attributed to different issues, not purely site growth so we can deal with them separately rather than increasing the bandwidth; i.e not needing to spend more cash.

So at this stage, there is no need for adwords, we are in a good position, and would like to try and keep the site as ad & clutter free as possible, we will keep it in mind however in case the need arises in the future!

Cheers for your support.

ex

Guys,

Thanks for your initiative, and suggestions.

We have discussed it as administrators to decide whether the need for it is that great, at present there is no need for further income streams to keep the site running, as the bandwidth issues appear to be attributed to different issues, not purely site growth so we can deal with them separately rather than increasing the bandwidth; i.e not needing to spend more cash.

So at this stage, there is no need for adwords, we are in a good position, and would like to try and keep the site as ad & clutter free as possible, we will keep it in mind however in case the need arises in the future!

Cheers for your support.

ex

Cool mate it's good to hear becuase to be honest I prefer a site without ads :P

However, the revenue could go to things like national meets and drive days.

Having said that totaly understand and obviously prefer the site ad free.

I say we spend it on hookers and cocaine at the 2007 national meet!

What about some nice girls and party pies for those of us not into tarts and nose bleeds... :)

Bio come on mate, got to live up to the image of the spyder :P

And just cuase they are working girls doesn't mean they aren't nice :wink:

LOL :rofl: Ahh gawd, I reckon I'm gunna regret meeting up with some of you guys... :wink:

LOL :rofl: Ahh gawd, I reckon I'm gunna regret meeting up with some of you guys... :wink:

Bio if you don't regret it your liver certainly will 8)

Party On :twisted: