Hi kids!

osqar

hi everyone,

just logged on... been watching your forum for a few years. Some of you already know me, I'm the guy that used to own the heavily modded red Golf Gti who joined you on a few runs. I've recently sold the car and am now in the market for a 2005 oor 2006 RCS Cup. Give me a shout if you know of any for sale.

cheers

Osqar.

:mrgreen:

Hey mate i remember you for the bbq!

There's a few for sale on the net.. try the usual... there's a 2006 Silver 182 Cup for private sale on carsales... but not much action happening at the moment.

Enjoy ur stay as you bid au revoir to ze germanz!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Osqar

Welcome to the forum :D

Are you Will's friend? and joined us on the BBQ about 4 months back? :D

Nice to see you making a move into Renault :wink:

I will state the obvious, but have alook in the forsale section of this forum or the usual car sale sites........mite even want to hold out until next year when the 197 comes out :D ......thats if it even comes here :shock::lol:

Cheers,

Brendan

hi Walkie & brendan,

yep,... that was me at the BBQ with Will. :wink:

thanks for the suggestions regarding "for sale", I have looked at all those sites and adds, & will slowly start inspecting vehicles. oh, and the new 197? I'd love it, but my budget won't allow it. If all goes to plan (fingers crossed), I should have an RCS around January or maybe a little later. Or, at least,.. that's the plan... subject to my accountant and my GF's requirements. :lol::P

later.

:)

hi Walkie & brendan,

yep,... that was me at the BBQ with Will. :wink:

thanks for the suggestions regarding "for sale", I have looked at all those sites and adds, & will slowly start inspecting vehicles. oh, and the new 197? I'd love it, but my budget won't allow it. If all goes to plan (fingers crossed), I should have an RCS around January or maybe a little later. Or, at least,.. that's the plan... subject to my accountant and my GF's requirements. :lol::P

later.

Hey mate I remember you lamenting that your chasis couldn't handle the power so what was the point!

Great to see you on the forum and in the market for a three legged dog, look forward to seeing you in the Nasho :D

Hey Osqar,

Glad you've joined up and decided to get yourself into a real Hot Hatch :P

Good luck with your find... and hope to see you on the run sometime soon!

Ha, my time with the Clio started all the same. I went on a drive day... and something changed from that day onwards. I wanted one :wink:

Walkie86, your next :P

Cheers,

Steven

hi Tekie, Hi Jeffster!

yep,.... teki,..you're right, the time has come. And yes... jeff you're right too... my Gti couldn't handle it's power. 190kw & 400Nm from 2500rpm was a bit of a challenge to the chassis. The 'box, diff, brakes, & suspension were awesome, but the Mk4 chassis was a noodle!! :wink::lol: (although I gotta admit, I do miss it. :lol: An awesomely fun little car!)

later

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

HI tekie,

Nope, no luck. However by December I had to decide against the RCS. After chatting with my accountant, I cut my budget to $10k (gotta buy a house too!), so am now looking for a VR6 Golf or a 306 Gti6 or 306 Xsi. (I'd way prefer the gti6!)

Therefore....if anyone knows of a good honest 306 Gti6,... please let me know! :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

After receiving a number of very helpful IM's from you guys, I thought I'd post an update.

I've found a very neat 1994 306 S16 which is currently being inspected by the wonderful Paul Vassallo. If the car gets Paul's "thumbs up" I'll own a froggie hatch by the weekend. 8) Am very excited. All my Fingers and toes are crossed! :wink:

later.

Hi Guys,

After receiving a number of very helpful IM's from you guys, I thought I'd post an update.

I've found a very neat 1994 306 S16 which is currently being inspected by the wonderful Paul Vassallo. If the car gets Paul's "thumbs up" I'll own a froggie hatch by the weekend. 8) Am very excited. All my Fingers and toes are crossed! :wink:

later.

awesome!! good luck!

yeeeeeaaaaaaah boyeeeeeee! go get it osqar! impulse is the spice of life.. well maybe not when one is spending in the thousands but damn it, a man needs to enjoy his machine, conquer it & become one with it. ahhh french zen...

My offer was accepted on the S16. I collect it tonite. Paul V has been a great help, and the car is booked in with him next month for some maintenance work. I will now start looking for new struts, springs, upper and lower front tower braces, and other goodies....

thanks for the enthusiasm guys!

later

:D

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys,

just letting you know I collected my 306 S16 a few weeks back and have had it at Paul's for a bit of work. The car now has new bushes in the appropriate places and all the important issues checked and fixed as needed. Aside from a few small issues, the car is pretty immaculate and goes beautifully. In a month or two, the car will have completely new struts, springs, and rear shocks,.... :hyper:8)

Am now up for any drives or GTG's whenever you guys next organise them! or, as they said in Wayne's World "Game On!!" 8)

hi guys,

just letting you know I collected my 306 S16 a few weeks back and have had it at Paul's for a bit of work. The car now has new bushes in the appropriate places and all the important issues checked and fixed as needed. Aside from a few small issues, the car is pretty immaculate and goes beautifully. In a month or two, the car will have completely new struts, springs, and rear shocks,.... :hyper:8)

Am now up for any drives or GTG's whenever you guys next organise them! or, as they said in Wayne's World "Game On!!" 8)

WHAT THE?! Was that your S16 at Paul's on Wednesday?! Looked great. I was sooooooooooo tempted by one in 2004

• 2 weeks later...

hi teki,

Yep,...if the Wednesday was the 14th feb, that was my car. And yes, I've been doing the happy dance ever since I got it back from Paul! :dance::D

However as I bought it for my GF (Sara) to learn to drive in, the little pug will suffer a bit. Sara has already put a crack in the front skirt. She took out her first roadkill, a nice little bunny, and then later that night crunched the same part of the front skirt on our driveway! but it was all ok... because the next day she learnt about oversteer as the back end of the pug stepped out on Wollombi Rd (Sars was under the speed limit, but turned in a little late and the pug did what it's designed to do. it gave her a fright, but she learnt a lot! :wink: )

later.