Clio R.S 220 upgrades

2202RK

Hi Guys

I'm new here and this is my 1st post ever on any car website like this and I need some help.

I have a Renault Clio RS 220 trophy and wanted to get some mods done to it, I was looking at the Koya exhaust pack from race specs it will come with a 3 inch down pipe , the exhaust kit , tuning and dino  which will cost about $2450 then apparently I have to buy a new intercooler for the car to support these Mods which will set me back another $1500 fitted and then to top it off I could get a ITG intake $650 fitted close to $4500 total.

Any ideas or suggestions that you guys could help me with please , I really like my car and I really wanna do some work and just need any help or tips would be so much appreciated.

Thank you.

• Like 3

Hello and welcome!
We always appreciate pics by the way.
But yes, what you describe sounds pretty good. Hybrid turbo would also be a good idea, as I had a stock 200, then bought a forum member's modified one, and the difference is night and day. But I reckon what you describe is enough; unless you think you'll be wanting more, then do it all at once, and save yourself another tune and dyno time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, past owner of RS220, and did pretty much the same extent of mods that you're proposing - all installed by Renotech who were awesome.  In terms of downpipes and tbh the rest of the parts you're proposing, give GT Performance in France a look - they were pretty cheap and easy to deal with.  Find them through Facebook.  And also replace the inlet pipe at the same time (through the Airtec ebay Store).  On arriving for the tune, I had the tuner tell me there was no guarantee that the stock airpipe would be in one piece by the end - I changed it shortly thereafter.  Also be aware that the inlet pipe for pre 2018 is different to the one for post 2018 cars.  Best of luck.

• Thanks 1

Get the pro-alloy intercooler setup (includes both hot and cold side piping up to the throttle body), will work extremely well with the dump pipe change out and custom map.  The itg intake is handy in the last thousand RPM, the stock airbox will become a restriction.  The motor should from 162kw up to over 190kw.

Edited by Timster
  • Like 2

On 26/07/2020 at 10:55 AM, matt9999 said:

Hi, past owner of RS220, and did pretty much the same extent of mods that you're proposing - all installed by Renotech who were awesome.  In terms of downpipes and tbh the rest of the parts you're proposing, give GT Performance in France a look - they were pretty cheap and easy to deal with.  Find them through Facebook.  And also replace the inlet pipe at the same time (through the Airtec ebay Store).  On arriving for the tune, I had the tuner tell me there was no guarantee that the stock airpipe would be in one piece by the end - I changed it shortly thereafter.  Also be aware that the inlet pipe for pre 2018 is different to the one for post 2018 cars.  Best of luck.

Yeah I had a talk with the guy, I'm gonna replace it with an ITG Maxogen intake,  hopefully that will fix the problem so fingers crossed, 2 weeks everything will be done.

• 3 years later...