MeganeFan

Hi all, I've had a Megane GT for a couple of years now, so thought I'd join in the forum fun. The GT is the first Renault I've had and it's a great car. I'm in the process of adding to the garage but can't make my mind up. I have my eye on a 2013 RS265 Redbull RB8 but can't decide if I like the 2013 front end. The thing is I don't actually dislike, I just think I like the 2014-on front more. I know it's a personal thing, but others thoughts on the pre 2014 front?

Here's a pic of my current ride..

20190803_122058_resized.thumb.jpg.93cf2246cefbd9d744a0f83c2af63f08.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all, I've had a Megane GT for a couple of years now, so thought I'd join in the forum fun. The GT is the first Renault I've had and it's a great car. I'm in the process of adding to the garage but can't make my mind up. I have my eye on a 2013 RS265 Redbull RB8 but can't decide if I like the 2013 front end. The thing is I don't actually dislike, I just think I like the 2014-on front more. I know it's a personal thing, but others thoughts on the pre 2014 front?
Here's a pic of my current ride..
20190803_122058_resized.thumb.jpg.93cf2246cefbd9d744a0f83c2af63f08.jpg

Welcome! Great taste there. I preferred the pre facelift version mainly because the 2014 never had active bixenon headlights. Just be aware that a few 2013 models came with 5 year warranty that would be expiring soon; the 2014 onwards all had 5 years.

But really they're all awesome.

Are you after the Recaro Sportster CS seats?

1 minute ago, chuckovski said:
2 minutes ago, MeganeFan said:
Thanks for the welcome. Not specifically after the Recaro seats, just the overall look is great, colour, wheels, brake package etc

Yes well liquid yellow is the one to go for. Then make sure you get a pre purchase inspection. They are amazing cars, especially for the price!

Ok, anything common (faults) on these things to look for?

Not really anything to be too concerned about. Door handles are pretty poorly designed. Can't remember much else.

If it's been serviced regularly the engines are amazing. It's a controversial topic but I'd say that if the belts haven't been done for a 5yo car then that *may* mean the previous owner wasn't that fastidious.

Please bear in mind that some of the facelift 265 Cup's were used as rental vehicles with Hertz and the facelift 265 Cup only. 

I do an occasional shift here and there at Hertz and can search our database if it was a pre-existing Hertz vehicle. Happy for you to direct message me if you do end up deciding to buy a facelift 265 Cup.  

Strongly recommended staying away from those 😅

• Thanks 1