Oil leak.

Pgibson

Not sure if I have bought a pile of #### now..

Loved it to start.

Had it jacked up to find water leak and noticed oil peeking from where the drive shaft comes from gearbox.

It's booked in for a service on Tuesday, but would like to know is it an easy fix, just a seal? Before they try to rip me off at the garage.

See pic.

IMG_20170930_145658.jpg

11 hours ago, Pgibson said:

Loved it to start.

Had it jacked up to find water leak and noticed oil peeking from where the drive shaft comes from gearbox.

It's booked in for a service on Tuesday, but would like to know is it an easy fix, just a seal? Before they try to rip me off at the garage.

See pic.

IMG_20170930_145658.jpg

Its a seal mate, pretty sure of it anyway. I suspected I had a driveshaft end seal leak on my 172 when I got it. I bought the seal but it didnt need doing when we had the engine out. So it wasnt done....

Don't worry too much, you own a jeep so you know how leaking feels already :wink: (my xj cherokee leaks everything and anything....)

Edited by HamishW96

Good luck with it. The water leak is scuttle drains, I would clean them out asap or your cabin will get flooded.  Goodluck with it. Check my threads for my Renault Migraine nightmares, I still owe about 8k on mine but no longer have it because it was a pile of s##t with weekly major issues. Worst mistake I ever made was buying a 225, I wish I'd kept my older ultra reliable Alfa 156, which was even a selespeed!

On 9/30/2017 at 3:27 PM, Pgibson said:

Loved it to start.

See pic.

IMG_20170930_145658.jpg

Did u buy it privately or from a dealer? A dealer would be obligated to fix it under their 3 month warranty for cars up to 10 years old as far as I know or perhaps if it is a 2006 model they were not obligated to give any warranty? They should fix it in good faith anyway but I suppose that does not exist among dealer these days.

Edited by chris043

:D:D:D

Edited by chris043