Hi All

Ljubo1981

Not yet the owner of Renault but hopefully I'll be the owner of Clio RS IV in next month or two, hope to learn a bit more about RS, anything I should be aware of when looking at second hand one?? Any known problems??

So far I was Honda man, had few type Rs, S2000 so this will be my first non Honda car

hope to learn a bit more about RS, anything I should be aware of when looking at second hand one?? Any known problems??

Yes, the biggest problem is once you get your car, you won't be going back to a Honda by choice. I had a Honda Fit in Japan on loan - suspension [new car] was rubbish. Your back and teeth will really love Renault Suspensions.

Honda Joyful Speed Service Station

This was my favourite petrol station - Joyful Honda Speed Station.

Good luck - there are some very good cars for Sale by Members on this forum. It really is worth getting an enthusiasts car who is just ready to move on to a different model.

Well said Clixx. Yes welcome to the forum lots of great info and help here. You will enjoy driving your RS...

Hehe I don't think fit would be anything special, I had integra type R and JDM version of civic type R, super fwd cars, super na engines and brilliant suspension but unfortunately in last 10 years there has been nothing interesting from Honda, so my choice is Clio RS, it clicks lots of things that car should click for me hehe

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well I became a Renault owner for first time ever. Looked at few cars, I was gonna go and get new Clio RS, even had a look at new VW polo and golf gti but than I had a drive in RS265 and there was no going back, I found the one I realy fell in love with, it's 2014 (facelift) RS 265 Cup, liquid yellow with black 18" rims, it's like new car, has only 5000km and I'm the first owner (it ex demo) I had it only for a day now but I can tell you this car is loads of fun

• Like 2

Good choice, I've had my 265 for almost 3 years now, covered 73K km, and as with most, if not all of us here, who drive RS, love it every time we drive. Keep it well serviced and put the best tyres you can afford on it and you'll have many hours of fun. Make sure you follow the forum to keep in the know for drive days, track days and the like, all worthwhile things to be involved with. You'll also find the people here are a great welcoming crew, happy to help if they can. Enjoy. ☺

Edited by cairnsy

Here is quick photo I just took

post-21911-0-33332200-1471147135_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Ljubo1981
  • Like 3

Thanks mate, Honda type Rs are awesome cars, very race focused, very cheap to run and bulletproof, just change oil regularly and they go forever, they love high revs and all the power between 5500 and 8500rpm so you need to develop specific driving style to use full potential of the car, if you want to get one JDM models are the best

I think integra type R would beat it on track definitely, it's more powerful and lighter, mechanical lsd, extra welds troughout, lightweight rims, big brakes it would hard to beat by lots of new modern cars

• Like 1