Towbar

Rick62

Question...I take it due to where the exhaust pipe sits in the 265 cup a tow bar for towing a light trailer is out of the question?

I fitted one to the R26 and had to have the exhaust rerouted a bit .

Sure it can be done on a 265 with a bit of ingenuity

Thanks guys.

I had a similar problem with my Ralliart Colt. Couldn't get a towbar and someone suggested if I did I may not be insured if an incident happened. I will just buy a cheap tow vehicle like a wide body Camry wagon. Probably cost about the same as modifing a towbar. Still waiting for my car to be delivered. A big jump from a 113 Kws from the colt  to 195 kws to the Megane. :sicko:

If you were really desperate you could get a diffuser section of the rear bumper from a UK non-RS Megane coupe. Doesn't have central exhaust.

Tow car idea would be better, or just hire a ute as required - probably cheaper once you factor in purchase of a car capable of towing, rego etc.

If you were really desperate you could get a diffuser section of the rear bumper from a UK non-RS Megane coupe. Doesn't have central exhaust.

Tow car idea would be better, or just hire a ute as required - probably cheaper once you factor in purchase of a car capable of towing, rego etc.

Or just buy a ute, then you can go to The Deni Ute Muster and look at a stack of others to sort out what mods you need.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.visitmelbourne.com/Regions/The-Murray/Events/Music/Festivals/Deni-Ute-Muster.aspx&ved=0ahUKEwiftKbV36DKAhUKF5QKHZjPCRIQFghXMA8&usg=AFQjCNH2p7cqvXGQjFhhMZMR1EHgsDywug&sig2=6_yTm1b7C2EnluHRj9kAbA

OzRS road trip anyone?

????????????

Edited by cairnsy

Would be OK in this....

post-20669-0-80327000-1452486181_thumb.jpg