Hi - New Member

Avi81n

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum today as I have (almost) decided to buy a 182 Cup and finally sell my long loved 205 GTi.

I've been a long time member of aussiefrogs (same user name) as well as on Alfa Romeo forums and hope to contribute here as well.

Currently own a 1991 205 GTi as my daily drive, a 2013 Mini Countryman JCW and a 1969 Alfa Romeo GTV 1750 restoration in progress.

Looking forward to picking up good info on the Clio - I have been ogling them for many years and now the time seems right! I would like to buy one and immediately throw in some coilovers, intake filter mods and will consider an RS Tuner or similar at some stage (not convinced yet!). It will be my daily driver and also the odd track mission here and there.

Cheers

Carl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You'll love the 182 Cup.  Nice choice.  Look forward to meeting up on a drive day sometime, since you are also in Brisbane.  Any chance of pics of the new Clio when you get her?

I really would hold off on any suspesion mods until you give your 182 CUP a good trial. The suspension on these babies is pretty awesome as stock but may be getting a little old now.

Blood orange sort of alright as well...

Thanks for the welcome everyone. BUSGO - I kind of agree with you (my 205 is still stock in most respects) but I kind of figure that the age of what I am likely to buy puts it right in the replacement zone for this stuff and there seems to be a few good proven options available.

I will definitely post photos (a hobby ofmine as it happens[emoji2]) - in the meantime here is one of my Pug and Alfaebf3acc2dbd61fce60bc1c3e6f843fa5.jpg

Looking forward to the step up in motoring that I think will eventuate

• Like 1

One serious Alfa restoration you have going on there...  Great work!  One of the nicest of the classic Alfas too, in my opinion.

Thanks. It's been a fairly sedate pace too! Full strip and repaint. Usual rust repairs etc. fast track suspension (second hand but low usage), new bespoke wiring loom (built by yours truly!) and various mechanical rebuilds. I haven't had any time limit but just the other day I told my mechanic that I'd like to see it on the road by Nov 2016 for my 40th! A long project hopefully coming to a successful end soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. It's been a fairly sedate pace too! Full strip and repaint. Usual rust repairs etc. fast track suspension (second hand but low usage), new bespoke wiring loom (built by yours truly!) and various mechanical rebuilds. I haven't had any time limit but just the other day I told my mechanic that I'd like to see it on the road by Nov 2016 for my 40th! A long project hopefully coming to a successful end soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops... A completion date has been set...  Now the sound basis for decisions can go out the window..  It will be a weapon!!  :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

e5ad3bfd9834aaa1cce62198eff91081.jpg

So wentwortmeister's "Nicole" has a new home up in Brisbane! Thanks Tom for your help with transferring her up while I was enjoying myself in Tuscany!

Now time to get to know her and have some fun!