Looking At Buying A Clio Rs Sport

Sidekick

Not as far as I know. I think most new/demo vehicles in Australia now are 2014 build and 2015 compiled.

Exactly right....and you will probably pay less for a 2014 build, especially a demonstrator.

Check the warranty.  I am not sure if the sale date or build date triggers the 5 year warranty, but 2015 ones have 5 year warranty (sold after March or something), whereas the 2014 ones have 3 years.

My 265 has a build date of 10/2012 and was registered by the dealer and used as a demo in 03/2013. I purchased in 10/2013 and 3 year warranty runs out 03/2016. i.e., 3 years from first registration. :(

Edited by cairnsy

My 265 was built September 2014, Australian compliance Jan 2015 and the 5 year (factory) plus an extra 1 year (dealer) warranty commences date of 1st registration, being April 2015.

Good to know and seems consistent.  My partner's Clio was purchased and registered in 2014, and has 3 years.  My Trophy R was registered April this year, and has 5 years.  Compliance on the R is 2015.

I believe the 3 year warranty changed to 5 years around July, 2014 as Michael said.

I bought my 2014 demo Clio RS200 in early October, 2014 (registered 27th August, 2014) with 5 year warranty.

You could certainly negotiate for a 5 year warranty, road service etc. anyway at the point of sale if it is not offered.

Good point.  SWMBO must have just missed the 5 year warranty then on hers...  Plus a little dealer misinformation too, then, as when I was taking delivery of mine, they were initially talking 3 years (in the days before delivery), but on the day of delivery I was pleasantly surprised to be advised it was "now" 5 years.  That was late March this year.

Maybe Queensland was just behind the times...  Never seen that before...  lol

The ride in a CLIO with 17" wheels is better than the 18" but most people prefer the look of the 18s.

My SWMBO drives the Clio Cup as a daily driver, and loves it.  No issues at all (apart from the occasional speeding fine :mrgreen: ).

You will be very happy!!!  Well done!  What colour did you decide upon?

You will be very happy!!!  Well done!  What colour did you decide upon?

Liquid yellow I bet.... :wink: 

A very good choice...