Soon To Be Clio Rs Cup Owner....

dvsu12

Hi all,

In the market for a Clio RS Cup - apparently the $30k driveaway deal on the Sport is done, new special is on the Cup and can be had for roughly the same driveaway price as the Cup - so the Cup it is!

Have a few questions for the Melbourne members:

1) Checked a Sport out at Waverley Renault the other week, and literally without even trying, was quoted $32500 driveaway on a Black Cup. Does this seem like an ok deal or will I do better at Berwick / Richmond / Brighton / Croydon Renault? Not worried on heading down to Geelong / Warragul if I'll get a much better deal.

2) Planning on booking a decent test drive on a Cup this coming Saturday - who's the best to go to? I would like to take the car for at least 1-2 hours.

Actually need the car within the next 3-4 weeks so as much as I wanted a White Cup, going to have to settle for Red, Silver or Black - I don't mind the Liquid Yellow, but the Red does look quite awesome!

Thanks!

Adam

$32,500 is a good price for a black one (or a white one).  Red or LY usually costs another $550 and $750 respectively.

Best idea is to try a few dealers & look for one in stock and then bargain them down to the price you were offered on the black one......

You will always have more bargaining power on a car in stock.

Renault Australia Wide current deal for Brandnew 2015 Clio RS Cup till April 30..

$32990 driveaway with free metallic paint. No need to pay extra $750 for Metallic Liquid Yellow or $500 for other Metallic Colours.

http://www.renault.com.au/latest-offers/sport

Sounds like a good deal to me if that is 2015 Plated Brandnew Clio.

Chris is right, if that is a demo or 2014 Plated stock then you can bargain more against the current offer. Look around & bargain. Good luck mate!

Also check this out at McCarrolls Artarmon (scroll down list).

A white one & a black one, both for $31,888.

I know you are in Vic. but may be worth considering....

http://mccarrolls.com.au/sale/renault?gclid=CIvwn8Pj8cQCFRZxvAod3psA9A

• Like 1

Clio RS Cup LY & Black

Both under $32k

New Renault Hoppers Crossing/Werribee

http://www.werribeerenault.com.au/renlt/usedcars.asp

Getting better & better.... :hyper:

• Like 1

White Cup should be arriving in less than a fortnight :)

Ended up going through Melbourne City Renault - Chad was actually really great to deal with. Absolutely reckon anyone else in the market for a Clio / Megane RS should go and speak to him first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked it up yesterday finally.

Was not terribly impressed with Melbourne City Renault in the end.

Get a phone call an hour before I was due to pick it up, car was registered incorrectly and had to go back to their other dealership in South Melbourne to have a RWC done to transfer the rego correctly. Pretty much sh*tting bricks this whole time due to the fact that they drove it to and from Richmond to South Melbourne, especially with all the other retards on the road in peak hour melbourne traffic.

Got to the dealer, they can't locate the log book / user manual for the car.

Went out to finally look the car over, and someone left a bloody fingerprint on the left rear door (as in, red blood on a white door). So much for detailing it pre-delivery.

Then get told that they aren't refunding my deposit directly to my credit card, but have to issue a cheque within 2-10 business days (car is novated lease so I paid the deposit to secure / order the car, finance company paid the invoice amount which did not include the deposit).

All in all first world problems really, and I really should've expected all of this in the first place.

Hardest part now is avoiding the limiter until I get some more kms on it!

FYI: I got the car for $31200 driveaway, that included genuine floor mats and black / white slimline plates. With normal plates, pricing was $31050 (Glacier White RS Cup).

Probably could have got under $31k if I had of shopped that price around more.

See if you got the red you would not have noticed the bloody fingerprint.... Gotta love first world problems :) congrats on the car! Great choice and can't go wrong at all regardless of colour. Best of luck avoiding the rev limiter, I wish you well in that most noble yet unlikely endeavor... Enjoy your new car - I think you did well!!

Hahaha...thanks Jason and Nic  :)

It actually makes the drive to work something to look forward to - hard to do otherwise in a diesel CX5!

The speed limiter has really come in handy already - it's a pity more manufacturers haven't incorporated such a feature.

What I do like is that when you get on the loud pedal in auto / normal mode, it's still quite angry and makes overtaking / merging lots more fun.

However, still waiting on the log book and user manual though....

• Like 1

Hahaha...thanks Jason and Nic  :)

It actually makes the drive to work something to look forward to - hard to do otherwise in a diesel CX5!

The speed limiter has really come in handy already - it's a pity more manufacturers haven't incorporated such a feature.

What I do like is that when you get on the loud pedal in auto / normal mode, it's still quite angry and makes overtaking / merging lots more fun.

However, still waiting on the log book and user manual though....

Yep, daily driver here a diesel Prado.  Getting into the "R" is like time travel into a new dimension.. Love every second!!  Keep onto them about the user manual and books (which no doubt you will) - curious thing for a dealer to lose...  :?: