Got a 225 on my shortlist...

digbyj

+1

Get a Phase 2 Non-Cup if you're on a budget. You can do your own suspension mods later if you want it a bit firmer.

FYI, that black VIC car has been on the market for ages (like six or eight months?), perhaps the owner will budge a bit on the price...

thanks hamstrung, i only came across the black one recently hence thought only being posted lately on carsales. 

do you not know think 130kms is bit too high on mileage side? and that's the non cup version? sorry for my ignorance.

The Ph1 cup isn't bad IMO with firmer suspension. Wouldn't go non-cup ph1 unless you had mods

everything listed here - http://www.carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=%28Service%3D%5BCarsales%5D%26%28Make%3D%5BRenault%5D%26%28Model%3D%5BMegane%5D%26Badge%3D%5BSport%20225%5D%29%29%29&area=Stock&vertical=car&sortBy=TopDeal&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel they are phase 1 with cup version right? 

Edited by billa

thanks hamstrung, i only came across the black one recently hence thought only being posted lately on carsales. 

do you not know think 130kms is bit too high on mileage side? and that's the non cup version? sorry for my ignorance

The ad says it's a Cup version. 130km is not high if it has a full service history with detailed receipts with all work done by a reputable mechanic.

If the sellers have listed their car correctly, they are ALL non-Cup. It looks like there is one phase 2 there with all the rest being phase 1.

When you do your search parameters with Carsales you choose either 225 Sport or 225 Sport Cup.

When you do your search parameters with Carsales you choose either 225 Sport or 225 Sport Cup.

Yup. Sometimes owners check the wrong box, so if you want a Cup model, you need to choose both Sport Cup and Sport 225 Cup.

As far as I can tell, no Phase 1 Cup models on sale at the moment. There is a Phase 2 Cup in VIC for 9,800.

The black one has been on the market since either just before or just after I bought mine, way back in Feb/Mar. Back then it was about $14.5K. If I was selling a car for a whole year, I'd be willing to budge on price due to impending rego and insurance...

http://www.carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=%28Service%3D%5BCarsales%5D%26%28%28Make%3D%5BRenault%5D%26%28Model%3D%5BMegane%5D%26%28Badge%3D%5BSport%20225%20Cup%5D%26Series%3D%5BII%20X84%20Phase%20II%5D%29%29%29%7C%28Make%3D%5BRenault%5D%26%28Model%3D%5BMegane%5D%26Badge%3D%5BSport%20Cup%5D%29%29%29%29&silo=stock&vertical=car&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel&sortby=TopDeal&cpw=1

Edited by hamstrung

The black one has been on the market since either just before or just after I bought mine, way back in Feb/Mar. Back then it was about $14.5K. If I was selling a car for a whole year, I'd be willing to budge on price due to impending rego and insurance...

From what I've seen usually this car don't stay long on the market, but if this particular one been around for so long don't you think there might something wrong with it that required some fix.

From what I've seen usually this car don't stay long on the market, but if this particular one been around for so long don't you think there might something wrong with it that required some fix.

I've not seen it in person, so can't say. Initially, it was overpriced for the number of k's IMO, then who knows? Maybe the seller has not been available much for inspections.

I suppose it's a long way for you to travel, not knowing the condition. (That's what I think is so great about the TAS one, it just looks spectacular)

When I bought mine, I had it inspected by Carl at Virage (South Melbourne) for peace of mind...