First car - Flame Red RS 200 Cup

vish

Welcome along. I'm sure you will enjoy it, when do you receive the Clio?

Ha ha... far cry from my first car! Take your time getting to know her. Welcome.

Thanks. Picking it up sometime in the next 2 weeks depending on when finance is sorted.

Already thinking about potential mods - that can't be good for my wallet [emoji13]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never had tramlining in my CLIO but I did have it bad in my Mini Cooper S when it had runflat tyres fitted.

What tyres did they deliver the car with?

I've never had tramlining in my CLIO but I did have it bad in my Mini Cooper S when it had runflat tyres fitted.

Whatever the OEM tyres are on the CUP. Dunlop SportMaxx?

Noticed it a fair bit during the first few days while going on top of tram tracks.

Whatever the OEM tyres are on the CUP. Dunlop SportMaxx?

Noticed it a fair bit during the first few days while going on top of tram tracks.

lol....

Renault changes OEM tyres with their undies.. They used to come with Continental, then Michelin, sometimes Dunlop.

In any case tramling upon tramlines is to be expected I think.

On a normal road surface, tramlining is caused by an inflexible tyre wall forcing the tyre to follow irregularities in the road surface.

lol.... Renault changes OEM tyres with their undies..

That made me go down to the carpark to have a look :P

They are indeed Dunlops. I'll just learn to avoid tram tracks when possible. On the bright side, the grip is alright in the dry - Went for a run up/down Towonga gap over the weekend. My mate had a hard time keeping up in his 328i with all the 'M Performance' upgrades he could get :P

I reckon it's worth it so you get it stamped in your service booklet - when I buy a car if it's not brand new the service book has to be done right; so in the interest of resale ...

Not planning to sell it, but I suppose it's something to consider.

The guy said it's optional and would involve checking fluid levels/tyre pressures etc, i.e. basic checks I do anyway.

If only they worked weekends... :P

• 7 months later...