2014 Megane rs 265 1st gear grinding issue,

bigreds265

Hello fellow RS265 owners, I took the plung and got myself a 2014 RS265 cup edition and I have just put a 1000 kms on it, and I have noticed 1st gear grinding issues when I am changing from 1st to 2nd gear under low rpm but changing from 2nd to all other gears it does not grind. It is not that loud but it is grinding and it can be heard in a quiet enviroment or closed in carpark.

Anyone else had a issue like this?

Yes luke265rb8 that is exactly what happens to mine, but it does it all the time when shifting slowly. and to Mr tension if I press the clutch in any further mate my foot will go through the firewall, but thank you for the tip lol. Anyway I am dropping the car back to dealer this friday and get it checked out, that should not be happening.

• 2 weeks later...

I test drove the 265 and it does suffer from the harsh gear change at slow speed. I dont think these cars are designed for relaxing slow drive. Some people that buy these cars love the rough feel. Though its definitely better to have dealer check to make sure. Maybe a different brand/grade transmision oil will help...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is where we are at, service guys claim its either the fork selector and or 2nd gear syncro... dont think it woyld be the 2nd gear syncro as the grinding sound occurs only when the gear is coming out of 1st to neutral. Going into 2nd is fine, so they are replacing the whole box due to it being a new car anc they dont have 2014 part numbers yet. Sweet by mean to get a whole new box. Lets hope thix fixes the grinding issue and the clunking sound on its first initial cold start up....the one good thing about this is , the service guy head mechanic is Renault top leading mechanic in Australia...that is very reassuring.