PhII Clio 172 - fun times!

mattg

Hi All

Just bought a Clio Sport 172 PhII a couple months ago and recently found this forum - a wealth of information indeed! I'm having a blast driving the car, and although it does have a few niggles, I picked the car up for a steal. Once sorted, am gonna start thinking about working the thing. Cracking engine, super tight chassis, can't wait to see what it can do if I can get it revving a bit more freely and get it a bit more responsive through the mid-rev range...

Just wanted to say hi, and look forward to hopefully hitting a track day or 2 in the future!

Matt

Welcome and congrats, Matt! What colour did you get?

haha, yeah. i'm having a great time so far lol. i'm based in melbourne - the car is at Auto Paris in box hill at the moment actually - ended up having a few more issues than i thought, and costing me a little more than i thought, but still overall a good price even factoring the fixes in (enging mount broke, needs new vvt sprocket, new water pump, new serpentine belt, new cam belt, heater fan motor burnt out and a few other bits and bobs I can't remember right now - actually, may have to post the invoice and make sure I'm not being taken for a ride pricing wise... that being said, paul there seemed to know what he was on about, unlike the stooges at essendon renault that had no idea what was going on with the car and no idea how to fix any of it)

as for pics, still got a couple bumper scuffs to sort from the old owner before I take some. colour is metallic silver (is it called iceberg silver on this model? i'm not sure)...

yeah, it's a fair bit. although timing and accessories belts were due to be done within the next 6 months / 8,000 kms anyway, so doing them at the same time as my (failed) vvt sprocket was the best way to save on labour. i was fully aware of those issues (and approx what it would cost), but didn't realise the water pump and the engine mounts were stuffed, nor did i realise that a screwed heater would set me back close to $500 on parts and labour. at least these guys were able to figure out exactly what was wrong with the car almost immediately unlike others that looked at it. no drama in the end I guess, its just turned my super-cheap clio sport into one that i've paid about market value for lol! otherwise mechanically seems very sound, only has 112,000 kms on it, so we'll see how I go. just hope i don't end up turning this car into a moneypit lol...