Megane 265 or Clio RS 200

ScottyB

I agree, suprised if they kept just manual especially after the success of the clio.

The Clio might be a success and that may make Renault very happy, but they've damaged its Renaultsport mojo. They will undoubtedly lose the enthusiats to other brands if they dumb down the Megane IV. When you think about it, it was the RS Megane as a halo car, that probably led Renault's resurgence in Australia. Renaultsport is a valuable brand and I think Renault mess with it at their peril in the long term.

If I were driving into the city everyday the auto would be perfect

Using a clutch isn't an issue and when you've got cars with the Megane's torque. It's not like you have to change gears a lot if you don't feel like it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Richard but companies often tend to look at the revenue figures these days, will be interesting to see what happens. I love the manual and it won't affect me but will make it more accessible.

I often think it would be just easier to switch to auto in city traffic and go manual all other times- personal preference I guess

i am slow on this bandwagon thread. no doubt the thickness of randomness from page 2 onwards.

unable to fathom it, so much randomness over auto and manual, all for what? still dont get it and never will.

i cop a tonne of other dude: "nice car, manual yea?" / me: "no...edc" / other dude: "wa?" / me: "auto..." / silence *change topic*. That kinda stuff will always be normal from those who prefer sticks for "leisure" driving. But hey, 10 years of stick shifting to work in heavy traffic has eaten me alive and made me bitter, so coping so called jokingly remarks is more than acceptable.

in the end, who cares what people say. do what you want. not what others expect or think is "cool". but hey, he's banned/removed/selling his RSC4 now so i'm just posting to a brick wall.

side note, congrats ScottyB :D

loose one, gain one

Interesting thread :popcorn:

I don't mind manual or edc - I actually went to the dealership looking for at the Clio EDC as a daily drive for my wife. I test drove the RS265 and gave up on that idea and traded my car on the RB8. The RB8 has become effectively our daily drive but I'm racking up the k's quickly (230 a day) so still may get the Clio at some point as a second car.

For us, we wanted a performance hatch. Every time we've owned a sedan we've ended up hating the boot for one reason or another. I picked the Megane as it was one of the few hatches left now that the WRX and Rallyart Lancers are sedan only.

If Renault did a new RS Megane that was auto or EDC - I'd have to consider it. If they made it sedan only I'd look at another brand.