2009* Megane RS 175dci

Faeros

Hello folks.

Just thought I'd send a quick hello. Had the above since January 2014 (still on my P's, VIC) and loving it. Installed a Tunit chip(129kw - 145kw, 360nmt - 400nmt) (legal for P's, I checked xD) and an aftermarket sound system (fully Alpine with Kicker Sub).

Look forward to heading out for a drive day sometime with other Renaults (maybe even other DCI's?).

Regards,

A Geelong Rat

*Edit- Needed a change, since I wrote what was there when I was half asleep, it read like I was a little brat.

*Oops, incorrect title year...

Agreed, welcome!

Couldn't convince my diesel-loving father to buy one so I might have to pick one up sometime in the future!

During the recent dyno/tuning day, Henk commented on how strong the Nissan diesel engine is, with extra torque gains easily thru a remap without modifying anything else.

Welcome! Have you driven a 225, I'm sure a comparison write up would be of interest if you have. :)

Since I am still on my P's I am not allowed to drive the petrol 225. If anyone wants a picture of the engine Ill get some but in the end it looks the exactly the same as the petrol RS (there are no badges defining diesel on it) so I am surprised I havent been pulled over yet.

Welcome! Have you driven a 225, I'm sure a comparison write up would be of interest if you have. :)

Since I am still on my P's I am not allowed to drive the petrol 225. If anyone wants a picture of the engine Ill get some but in the end it looks the exactly the same as the petrol RS (there are no badges defining diesel on it) so I am surprised I havent been pulled over yet.

If you are in QLD you can. Just need an exemption which is easy as the car is under 125kw/tonne.

If you are in QLD you can. Just need an exemption which is easy as the car is under 125kw/tonne.

I am in VIC so not so lucky. Its completely banned here. Vicroads are kinda stingy with only wagons or some 4wd being allowed to drive under application.

Nevertheless I like my diesel aha.

Welcome to OZRS! +1 on pics
Got pics?

Only this one phone picture after I had installed the roof racks and bike carriers. Ill get more if wanted. I dont see many 5dr's around eh?

IMG_0461.jpg