help identifying clio spec

sneaky

hello people, i'm new to the site and looking to buy a clio sport in the near future as the long drive to work in the boring hyundai i getting on my nerves.

i found a local (newcastle nsw) car for sale and i'm hopefully looking at it on saturday morning as long as another interested party doesn't buy it before i get there (other person looked at it first so the seller is giving her first shot to buy).

anyway, the local car is a 2003 Clio sport in very good condition with 184,000k's and full service history.

i have also found a car on carsales which claims to be a 2005 Clio Sport 182 Cup, but the lack of photos from all angles is making it difficult. this is the one i'm trying to ID. i have read a few guides and forum threads looking for an 'easy' answer, but i think i'm getting mixed up with sport/182/cup, and range of colours available in each spec level. i'll put the carsales link here and see what you people can spot. carsales link

thanks in advance from someone who will hopefully be driving a clio in the near future

-tim

ps - anyone want to buy a hyundai :oops:

Wot Wade said. Easiest way to tell the diff between a 172 & a 182 is the exhaust and wheels. 172 single hidden exhaust and 15 inch wheels, 182 twin exhaust and silver 16 inch wheels, 182 cup twin exhaust and anthracite 16 inch wheels. Of course wheels can easily be swapped around between 182's but they're the general indicators.

Remember to check servicing, with the timing belt the most important item, which needs to be changed every 4 years ($1000 bargaining tool if it is due).

thanks guys, i think i had been reading the UK specs and was concerned because it was missing the bigger wing and front splitter and i couldn't spot the twin exhaust in the pics..

i called a renault servicing place in newcastle the other day about the 2003 clio sport servicing costs and they quoted $1400 for timing belt/water pump.

the seller has their phone turned off today :|

thanks guys, i think i had been reading the UK specs and was concerned because it was missing the bigger wing and front splitter and i couldn't spot the twin exhaust in the pics..

i called a renault servicing place in newcastle the other day about the 2003 clio sport servicing costs and they quoted $1400 for timing belt/water pump.

the seller has their phone turned off today :|

I think the bigger spoiler was only on the F1 and LE models in Aus