Megane 225 in Mornington

sierram

Picked up my silver 225 last Thursday from Oakleigh Euro. Gave it a great trial driving up to Bendigo on Friday. Five passengers, lots of luggage and the A/C on all the way. Set the cruise on 114, and she just purred all the way. Was so pleased when it pulled up all the hills with the cruise on in 6th without seeming to struggle. The return trip was more exciting as an extreme storm ripped through the Bendigo - Malden area, dumping inches of rain and very high winds, i was dodging falling branches feeling very secure on the road, till I had to stop when the highway was completely blocked by a large gum tree.

I am burying myself in all the related web links I can find, and will be doing stereo upgrade as soon as possible. Also looking at the popular remapping options and blow-off valves.

What is the general consensus on the standard air intake. Is it typically swapped for a K&N pod or some sort of improved cold air intake system?

I haven't had this much fun since I sold my Cosworth Sierra.

Viva La France!

Picked up my silver 225 last Thursday from Oakleigh Euro. Gave it a great trial driving up to Bendigo on Friday. Five passengers, lots of luggage and the A/C on all the way. Set the cruise on 114, and she just purred all the way. Was so pleased when it pulled up all the hills with the cruise on in 6th without seeming to struggle. The return trip was more exciting as an extreme storm ripped through the Bendigo - Malden area, dumping inches of rain and very high winds, i was dodging falling branches feeling very secure on the road, till I had to stop when the highway was completely blocked by a large gum tree.

I am burying myself in all the related web links I can find, and will be doing stereo upgrade as soon as possible. Also looking at the popular remapping options and blow-off valves.

What is the general consensus on the standard air intake. Is it typically swapped for a K&N pod or some sort of improved cold air intake system?

Viva La France!

Welcome to Ozrenaultsport Mike, good to have another Melbourne (sort of) based 225 owner here. Can't wait to get the numbers for a 225 drive.

SOunds like its settling into the family well. As far as the ECU upgrades and air intake, it sounds like you've already been to meganesport.net, if not, worht checking out. There is a problem getting the ECU mod done over here as the PC that sets it up in based in the UK. If you wanted to send your ECU over there you could do it, or you could buy a spare ECU and have that re-mapped (this is what I'd like to do). Air intake is easily able to be modified. Removing the airbox is tight but a pod can be fitted no worries, there's also a Viper kit available now for the 225. the pod sounds great but I questioned the gains (apart from the great sound).

Anyway welcome, enjoy the beast,

Dave

Viva La France!

Mate ... Welcome to the site and good to see another Megane 225 owner.

I got my one last november and just love it.

Have a good look around, things like sound upgrades are covered, i posted some info on that, i am just about to do mine so have a read.

As for the air cleaner, i am going to change the filter panel only, could not be stuffed changing the whole lot.

check out www.meganesport.net heaps of interesting stuff on the Megane.

Enjoy your car mate :mrgreen:

Damn.. talk about hurting your car... mine is still in the car yard being fixed.. I should get it back next Tuesday!!!

That little dent cost the poor insurance companies $7.2K!!! They are replacing my muffler/exhaust system which costs $5k!!! I couldnt believe the quote AAMI sent me :)

Damn.. talk about hurting your car... mine is still in the car yard being fixed.. I should get it back next Tuesday!!!

That little dent cost the poor insurance companies $7.2K!!! They are replacing my muffler/exhaust system which costs $5k!!! I couldnt believe the quote AAMI sent me :)

You should see what they are going to do with the bits, like the exhaust ... that would be worth gtting for the right price .... i would buy it so my mufler guy could fit some bigger outlet pipe's :wink:

should have told your insurance company to put a 2 1/2" or 3" mandrel bent stainless system on there... $2000 from the turbo back tops... they would have loved you for saving them $3000.

Could still have it quiet but with better flow and a nicer note.:)