Greetings from Melbourne

asfletch

Hi All,

Thought I'd introduced myself here but a quick search suggests not - sorry about that!

Have had my silver 225 for about 6 months now and loving it. So smooth compared with my old Pulsar GTi-R and MR2! Even better with new tyres (see post in Megane II technical tyre thread)!

Just had 120k service done a bit early, up for new front brakes, but found good source online so not as much of a sting on the wallet as I feared.

Wish I could have made the nationals, but can't get away for more than a day as easily as I used to. Oh well.

Cheers,

Adam

487933_10150725573340280_1871907330_n.jpg

PS Excuse the noob question, but anyone got hints on posting images? The picasa direct links I'm trying to use don't seem to show up....

Welcome Adam 8)

There's a thread on how to host images in the FAQ section (I'm on my phone so can't add the link here).

Hmm thanks all - picasa requires a bit of fiddling but think I've cracked it :)

Anyhoo, I have just one thing that's bugging me (actually kinda driving me nuts) about the car - there's a bit of vibration around 3k rpm, and the driver's door rattles like an angry wasp every time I pass through it. It's a bit less noticeable with the window down, but that could just be wind noise drowning it out.

I've checked the obvious candidates - loose trim, worn engine mounts (they are a bit soft, but not ready for replacement just yet) etc.

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? Only solution I can see so far in the technical section is using silicone spray, but I wouldn't know where to spray it (do I need to take the door card off?).

• 3 months later...