Hello folks!

keithscossie

I'm about to buy a Megane RS 250 Club as my daily drive, but I'm wondering if I should hang on for the new RS 265 Trophy ?

I have a 1986 Ford Sierra RS Cosworth as my " fun" car but want something a bit special for my daily drive.

Does anyone know just how long it will be b4 the RS265 Trophy is available here in Australia ?

The Sierra is just too old and too risky to run as a daily drive and I find the RS Megane is a stunning car, much better looking than

the Focus RS Turbo which is impossible to find here in Oz.

I might run the Megane on the track for autokhanas and hill climbs if it proves as exciting as the Sierra !!

Your input is appreciated !

Cheers

Keith

Gday mate, welcome. This realy is a personal choice. The talk is that the 265 has an ETA (estimated time of arrival) in September /October. If your considering tracking the car and using it on hill climbs then you probably wanting to do some mods. 15hp difference between the 2 cars is negligible , id dare say you could get more gain by doing some mods on a 250. The plus also being that you will get the 250 at a better price or pick up a second hand one and save yourself thousands. Personaly if it were me I would start looking at a rs250 cup as opposed to the trophee, do some mods and enter it into the races and start having fun with it now.

Welcome! We have a member here who used to have a Sierra (username 'sierram'). He's had a Megane 225 Luxe, a 225 Cup and is now running a 250 Trophee - all used as daily transport.

Somehow I think the 250 and 265 will be pretty similar in the engine dept. It's been recently revealed by RS themselves that the 250s have been pumping out a fair bit more than the claimed horsepower figures (see the MegIII section for the various threads).

Updated features of the 265 will be very minimal compared to the 250 Cup (different DRLs and cosmetic change to headlights), but it's the 265 Trophee that will lose the RS Monitor in favour of a GPS unit, and it gains a standard sunroof. There's speculation that the colour palette may include the gorgeous pearl "Liquid Yellow" colour too...

All the best with your choice, whatever it may be.

Welcome Keith!

I too feel that the difference between the two are negligible (and can be ironed out with a few simple mods), but obviously the choice is yours. Much better than the Focus RS in any case 8)

Best of luck with the purchase, whichever way you go.

No need to wait, grab a 250 now and join the wave. Like everybody says, the power difference is negligible and some people on the forum feel that the sunroof impairs the raw driving of the vehicle. Whether you choose to wait for the 265 or not, this is one of the true performance cars in its category to tick all the boxes... and then some!

liger hit the spot mate, trust when you get into the vehicle you,ll totally forget about that sunroof or any other small differences between the two, not to mention the pricing will be considerably different i imagine - with the pending 265 to hit our shores I predict remaining 250 prices (if there are any left :wink:) will reduce to even better driveaway prices

I am in the same boat, though because I am a cheapy person I will probably get a 250 closer to the 265 release date in hopes of a better price. But if any of the current prices online and talking to the dealer are anything to go by - this will not happen as much as I would probably want it to. - So I'm tossing up getting it within the next 2 months or so (brand new or demo, as opposed to me original idea of buying used).

To be honest, if the 2nd hand prices are not closer to $40k, I don't see the value in buying a 2 year old car. :(

More pwoehhhh, more bragging rights... more LEDs!!! To be honest its not worth it, and I don't think you'll notice it in everyday driving anyway.