G'day from WA

monsta

G'day everyone,

I’m thinking of upgrading to the Megane RS 250 (or the 265 if it gets released here soon) in the second half of this year so I thought I’d join and do some early research. I’m also considering the Scirocco R but I’m leaning more towards the Megane at this stage.

I currently own a 2006 Suzuki Swift with a few mods and regularly compete in the AEM superkhana events. It’s a heap of fun to drive and handles like a go-cart but now I’m after something with a little more power. Might post some info about it in the non-renault section.

Welcome!

Take both for a test drive: that should help you decide 8)

GL with the decision.

Hi Monsta (refering to swift?),

Welcome aboard, and as above, you suely know we will swing thes RS beat over VW.

I dig the VW, the German quality, and am one of the few i guess that likes the look of Scirocco.

Having said that, still massively prefer the RS. But best you drive them both and take it from there.

Actually... i really like the new Swift sport. Think Suzuki are heading in the right direction for compact affordable fun.

...as you well know.

Cheers and pics if you get it.

WOLF

Welcome!

If you're really keen to hit the track with the new vehicle, remember the RS250 has a proper, mechanical LSD vs the Scirocco which will hit the brakes for you instead :roll: That's probably fine for driving up to 8 tenths on the road, but you know which one will deliver the goods on the track :nod:

Had my 250 for 5 weeks now and it's easily one of the most enjoyable decisions I've ever made :D

Welcome aboard & good luck in the search; you WON'T be disappointed! :)

Welcome aboard. I also was researching VW when I was looking for my car, the Scirocco's weren't available back then but the Golf Gti and R were. However once I saw the RS250 and took it for a test drive the decision was easy. Great car that I've had since June last year that still excits me everytime I get behind the wheel. Go find out for yourself.