newbie from south africa

Nur

Welcome! As they say, PICSORBAN!

Not many red 200s in Aus, so looking forward to seeing what you've got! 8)

Welcome aboard Nur.

Tell us more about the scene over there. Are they purist or are talking heavy modders?

Places and roads to drive...what are the best? (feel free to google map it)

Cheers,

WOLF

Welcome, from an ex South African resident! I use to live in Randburg ( Joburg) right across the street from the waterfront!

I miss the roads there so much! We drove to Gaborone and it tooks us 4 hours haha where as here in aus , youd be driving all day! I remember when my dad had a race with all the other Renault co-tech with the ph1 V6's they brought in for testing just before release, the race or cruise sort of haha was from Joburg to Durban then across to Cape Town which he won and received a gold plated Co-tech badge and there was pictures taken but unfortunatelly we lost the CD on the way to Australia somewhere :(

Before i left meganes 225 just came out as i remember and my dad had another course with testing witch ended with a cruise yet again!

Ah and going to Sun City for holidays and best part was it was when they were shooting Mr Bones hahah!

To all ozrs members WATCH MR BONES!! Not no2 that was garbage!

Good memories from a beautiful country which is one of a kind!

I am sure to be visiting it very soon! A rented RS would be on the list :)

Welcome aboard Nur.

Tell us more about the scene over there. Are they purist or are talking heavy modders?

Places and roads to drive...what are the best? (feel free to google map it)

Cheers,

WOLF

Wolf, i reside in sunny Cape Town,

the guys up in JHB are modders on there Megane 225s, 230s, 250s, from changing downpipes exhaust, inductions bigger valves , injectors etc... they are purists as wel in a sense

the guys in cape town are more Clio orientated, as we are at the coast and the Clio performs much better down here. but no-one has modded a Clio yet, what some 197 owners have done is remove the cats and do a RST map with the std exhaust, but to me it seems as if they have lost power.

regarding roads, oh my there are so many..

my Clio 200 makes exactly the power figures Renault claims, 148kW and 215Nm ATF. i was chuffed.

Welcome, from an ex South African resident! I use to live in Randburg ( Joburg) right across the street from the waterfront!

I miss the roads there so much! We drove to Gaborone and it tooks us 4 hours haha where as here in aus , youd be driving all day! I remember when my dad had a race with all the other Renault co-tech with the ph1 V6's they brought in for testing just before release, the race or cruise sort of haha was from Joburg to Durban then across to Cape Town which he won and received a gold plated Co-tech badge and there was pictures taken but unfortunatelly we lost the CD on the way to Australia somewhere :(

Before i left meganes 225 just came out as i remember and my dad had another course with testing witch ended with a cruise yet again!

Ah and going to Sun City for holidays and best part was it was when they were shooting Mr Bones hahah!

To all ozrs members WATCH MR BONES!! Not no2 that was garbage!

Good memories from a beautiful country which is one of a kind!

I am sure to be visiting it very soon! A rented RS would be on the list :)

thanks for the welcome buddy,

when you coming home for a visit?

i myself would love to end up in OZ one day... its just an epic place

Hi Nur,

Will email you, but long story sweet, can ship OEM Renault parts as well as aftermarket gear to South Africa.

Feel free to pass on my details to anyone who's interested.

Cheers,

WOLF