Just perving, for now...

ConnorH

Hi all,

Have been looking around for a new ride for a while, and nearly fell off my perch when SWMBO said "Why don't you get one of those?" Some context: The missus has been tutting at me for months, and saying "Why are you even thinking of replacing the Outback?" :roll: The car that turned her was (no surprises) the RS 250. :drool:

So a few reviews, lots of perving, and one visit to a Renault dealer later, here I am.

Still 9 months lease left on the Outback, so no rush, and I've figured out the sweetener for the Minister for Finance - she gets her dream RAV4 :!: which fits the family hauler bill, and I get the hot hatch.

A "funny" aside - my kids choose to ride with my wife when they can. They say this is because "she drives faster" - I have reliable reports she fangs her Yaris YR manual...

Enough already! Nice to be here, and don't mind me drooling in the corner, okay?

Good idea. I checked that out a while back - the way the lease is set up I've (apparently) paid the interest and other charges up-front, so still had a surprisingly high residual left to pay. Frickin dodgy bastards. Was not happy that day... :evil:

Might check it out again - 12 months have passed and the picture might look rosier now.

Good idea. I checked that out a while back - the way the lease is set up I've (apparently) paid the interest and other charges up-front, so still had a surprisingly high residual left to pay. Frickin dodgy bastards. Was not happy that day... :evil:

Might check it out again - 12 months have passed and the picture might look rosier now.

I traded in a lease car on my Renault and it still had a year to go. You never know unless you ask :D

I traded in a lease car on my Renault and it still had a year to go. You never know unless you ask :D

Of course you can always trade-in your current Lease vehicle but the question is whether or not the Trade-in Value meets the current residual.....and I would suggest not. That doesn't mean that you can't do it anyway...at a loss :(

For the Dealer, it will be a business transaction. If they ain't making money on it, it ain't gunna happen.

Keep this in mind when the Lease is up and the Dealer is suddenly your new best friend. Make sure it is a business transaction for you and you get the best possible deal.

Thanks Wolf and HG. I've just been back to the lease co, and it certainly looks more attractive, although if I jump now the balloon would only just match market/trade-in value, so not the best financial decision ever. SWMBO is also pushing for us to have covered parking before delivering a new baby. :D

WRT dealers, if I were a dealer I wouldn't be dropping my pants on these babies, but you never know what they'll do if they're not meeting quota! Will have to try and ensure that heart doesn't over-rule head (too much).

I'm very keen on the liquid yellow :drool: . Might wait and see what pans out for 2012 releases.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...