Another first time RENAULT owner - Pics Added

REN250

Hi people, as the title suggest, this is my first renault and if the future ones are as good as this, it want be my last. I must admit though I did like the previous rs225 very much. My previous wheels was a VW GT SPORT diesel which after being chipped and lowered was a very nice little package. I had the gt for 3 years and before that had a very warm 06 WRX. Once I seen the ads on TV for the new megane I had to go and have a look and a test drive ( mid nov ) I was only in the car 10 minutes and I wanted one. Gus and Corey from Bryant Byrt were great. I paid my deposit on the day and was told first delivery was 2nd week january ( when i buy a car i want to drive away that day ) so i ask why cant i have the demo. Was told they must have a replacement car first so was told December 20th would be the latest i would get mine, so over the next 2 weeks i went in every day and pested the crap out of them till they finally gave in and i took delivery of it on december 9th.

Things I have done since to the car include: Renault Sport decal along front doors and up the rear pillar, colour coded roof to the silver color of the bumpers and mirror. Moulded sub box and high powered amp to fix the sh*t house stereo, new horn ( we all no why ) replaced under warranty new white speedo needle, gloss black 19x8.5 five spoke wheels, interior wise i have changed the gear shift and hand brake cover to almost exactly the same colour leather as the car also the two sections that are in black leather to the yellow as well ( my rs is SPORT YELLOW ) Last but not least all the black trims, vents, and door handles have been sprayed high gloss silver. Thank-you for letting me bore you but I am over the moon with this car. I will post some pics up a.s.a.p. LARRY

Oh my god. I need to see pictures as this poor 250 sounds butchered! You sprayed the interior yourself!?

Sorry Larry, you just never know. Dan

Hi Larry,

I'm in Forest Lake too... hope to see this modded ride one day soon, as i am intrigued.

Shame you didn't come on here earlier, could have helped you source most (if not all) of the extra goodies.

Anyways, enjoy, welcome aboard, and see you around - hopefully.

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: working on a tuner for the RS250, stay tuned.

Sorry Larry, you just never know. Dan

Thats o.k. Danny I would not do anything to harm my baby. Everything that is done to her money is not spared. Just ask my wife.

Well in that case, I'm looking forward to seeing pics of her (the car, not the wife :lol: )!

Seen in the flesh.

This thing is the goods people.

Paint finish and feel of car....well, best to go to seaword (or similar), go to the feeding pool, wait for a gorgeous bottle nose dolphin to swim by, and stick out a hand. Closest thing to the feel i can think of. :wink:

In short, 'tis smooooo---oooooooth :drool:

Cheers,

WOLF

th_DSC01799.jpg

th_DSC01801.jpg

th_DSC01802.jpg

th_DSC01803.jpg

th_DSC01804.jpg

th_DSC01806.jpg

th_DSC01807.jpg

th_DSC01808.jpg

th_DSC01809.jpg

th_DSC01810.jpg

th_DSC01811.jpg

th_DSC01812.jpg

th_DSC01813.jpg

th_DSC01814.jpg

th_DSC01815.jpg

th_DSC01816.jpg

th_DSC01818.jpg

th_DSC01819.jpg

REN250, what wheels are those? and more importantly can you tell us what the offset is? They seem to stick out a fair whack.

19"s Ben. Check the closeup. I'm interested in what offset they are. Need to sort out my own wheels!

19"s Ben. Check the closeup. I'm interested in what offset they are. Need to sort out my own wheels!

They are 19s offset is 45 I wanted that offset to bring the wheel out to fill the guards better. Still handles the same, had the car out at the happy laps and could not believe how it handled. I wanted to bring the wheel out a bit as I dont intend lowering it. LARRY

So no scraping or touching between the tyre and guards? In your opinion would you have less luck if the car was 30mm lower? I know you dont plan to drop it but for those of us considering a 45 offset and lower stance...

BenG I doult they would rub on the front as the front guard has no inner lip, however the rear does and even if it did the inner guard I think is only plastic so would only be a matter of having it rubbed back. LARRY

Would have to see in person to check just how much you can get away with the 45 offset wheels! I noticed REN250 you have put extra LED's on the front. Factory ones not enough? :P hehe

Would have to see in person to check just how much you can get away with the 45 offset wheels! I noticed REN250 you have put extra LED's on the front. Factory ones not enough? :P hehe

They switch off at night, the ones he added come on with the headlights.

Bright as!

DSC01820.jpg

Well REN250, you sure do have all the bases covered :) Not all of it is my cup of tea, but I particularly like the anthracite roof. Good work.

Very nice ride REN250.

So beautiful from so many different angles. What I love about the 250 is it has the show AND the go :D

My wife and I both fell in love with this car the moment we saw it for the first time in the flesh at the dealership. And if my heart ruled my the wallet this car would have been in my garage for sure.

The 250 is definitely on my short list of cars I'll want to upgrade to once the lease runs out on my 197.