RS250 buyer in Sydney

ScottyP

Hi all,

Lease on my current car expires end of Feb and the RS250 has caught my eye as a replacement.

Dropped in to Damelian's today to check out their yellow Trophee. Very impressive! Still not sure whether I should go for Trophee or Cup tho. Oh, and the car has been sold too. Not sue why they chose to sell their only car. Guess they're not too interested in selling too many more! Pretty short sighted in my opinion.

Seems to me there are quite a few people on here asking about haggling for the best price. I'm all for that too as I can't see me paying RRP. If a dealer wants my business, they'll have to earn it. If any genuine 250 buyer in Sydney wants to team up for a bit of additional buying power when negotiating with the dealers, I'd be keen. I suspect a dealer will sharpen their pencil a bit more to get two sales.

Feel free to give me a call if anyone is keen. I'm looking to place an order soon as I need delivery late Feb / early March.

Cheers,

Scott

0414 804 674

Supply adn demand at the moment Scott. Who knows, they may have lots of buyers on interested parties and only a handful of cars (this year/nxt year).

I could be wrong, but if they are limited, then RRP may be on the table if you play the waiting game.

Some salespeople might be itching for a sale, and they're the ones to strike (know of one in Brisbane).

Maybe even use that, an interstate seller is keen etc etc. - which could be true btw.

So hope you're lucky and end up enjoying your new future 250. Hope to hear your feedback around the forum.

Cheers,

WOLF

Hi wolf!

I have now been to both dealer ships in Brisbane now and it pretty much looks like if I want one my only option is to pay full $$. The problem I have is I need to wait for the private sale of my Evo first which is taking time (just dropped the price) as the trade in $$ are just not worth it. Which makes a firm order difficult. There is a nice white standard cup as a demo at Windsor however the lowest price is still about $45,000 for a 2010 model that would have 1,500km on it once they can actually let it go. If that is the situation I would rather pay full $$ and wait until next year and get a 2011 that's brand new one.

They just wouldn't move on the price, I was there from 3 till about 6.15pm yesterday. Again I got the same explanation that the Renault Australia web site didn't allow for a realistic dealer delivery amount. (which again was quoted at $3,000) On the other hand the test drive was very good :) and confirmed that it's the car I want!

Cheers

Nick

Thanks for the welcome folks!

Haven't had chance to talk turkey with any dealers on price yet. I imagine I'll get the same spiel re 'new model', 'limited supply' etc. $3,000 for dealer delivery is extortionate! At the end of the day, it's just additional margin for the dealers. And very handsome margin at that.

I'll let you all know how I get on. Might have chance this weekend to trek around a couple of dealers. I'd be happy to buy from interstate too. Flying to pick up the car and driving home would be a lot of fun!

Cheers,

Scott

Quick thing, it was mentioned that there was no performance difference with the cup and trophee.

It was more the cabin extras and so forth.

For $10k difference, that can't be true...is it?

WOLF

@ Wolf - mid 50's for the Trophee would include some fruit. Leather Xenons and the like. Think the RRP difference is more like $5k. Personally, I can't see the value in the Trophee.

Agree however that there would be zero performance difference between the two. I wouldn't think the slightly lower profile tyres on the Trophee would make a lick of difference, except perhaps flat out on a race track.

Cheers,

Scott

Yep, you got it. The lads up here in Bris will be getting a Full blown Trophee with the works, HID, leather etc. Mid to high 50K bracket was the asking price.

But no power or performance gains to speak of. No suspension tweaks... zippo!

Cup would more than do based on that.

IMO thus far.

WOLF

Thouhgt the recaros come with the cup too, just not leather?

19's - agree - but prefer other styles.

Keyless - more to go wrong and expensive, but yes, cool.

The others don't really do it for me in the way of money well spent.

I'd rather the HIDs to be honest, over all the above.

Cheers,

WOLF

I think for what you get for $5K in the Trophee, it makes it worth it

Recaros

19's

Keyless Entry & Start

Better Stereo (although still sh*t from all reports)

Floor Mats

Interior Lights

Tyre Pressure Monitor

Pretty good for $5k, but thats just me.

Plus folding mirrors, the Grey acents on the bumpers, Satain Chrome on the door handles. No Recaro's on the Cup...they are an option.

Mine is a white cup trophee with all the fruit .... also inc front window tint, rear boot tray, spare 19 inch wheel & tyre .... and its not Mid 50's :wink: .... But i did order back in July

@ Dom - sounds like you got a very good deal by ordering early! That spec car would push $60k today.

I think the Cup / Trophee decision is about personalisation and aesthetics as there is zero performance difference. The Recaros are great, but fabric or leather, they'll wear much faster than standard seats and the drivers RHS bolsters will probably look tatty in a couple of years. Also, the standard RS seats in leather are heated! Call me soft, but I appreciate some creature comforts in my old age :)

The 19-inch rims are a personal decision and personally, I prefer the 18's.

Even the 'upgraded' stereo looks ordinary. Would rather sink a grand into aftermarket upgrade. All the rest I can easily live without.

Scott