Tools required to DIY on a ph2 clio

evilb66

if you dont have any of these, you will soon need them if you start servicing your car.

sockets 8,10,13,16,18,19 (wheel nuts - i think) 21/22mm (front struts - forget which) 30mm (if you want to remove hubs)

short and long socket extensions. 2 long ones joined together is good.

spanners 8,10,13,17,18

torx (star) bits t50 (for steering wheel), t40 (for brake rotors), t30 (abs sensors) (strong as you can get, NOT tamperproof)

then some kind of multi folding tool for the smaller torx bits for interior trim.

large-ish flathead screwdriver

an 8mm square sump plug removal tool. (about $10 - 15)

you can pretty much service your whole car with those tools.

best to also have:

a long socket breaker bar,

a g clamp, or a $12 caliper pusher for brake pads

an air compressor and rattlegun can be had for as little as $200 . try to get at a minimum the supercheap higher torque 1/2" rattlegun for about $70 on special.

some axle stands.

an oil sump or syringe or a funnel with a length of hose for the gearbox oil.

anyone else think of something you need.

(a lot of socket & spanner sets jump from 14 to 17 to 19)

(try to buy sockets that are 6 sided, not 12 point, as they wont round off nuts)

Would have loved to see this about two weeks ago!!

Add Torx sockets (ie female type) to the list : about E12 for various bolts on the Acc belt tensioner and gearbox bits (got a set 4-20 for $26 from Tradetools)

Some kind of 8mm square rod to aid in returning the rear calipers when changing rear brake pads

30-35mm long 3/8" Socket extension to engage the acc belt tensioner..

Some tube spanners would be handy from time to time (13 & 16mm ??)

8mm allen key or inhex driver (acc belt tensioner + some other bits, I forget)

• 2 months later...

If its any interest , I run a tool store that sells everything that you need . I stock proper fitting cups for the Purflux oil filters , Timing belt setting tools from Hazet Germany , 8mm. square tools for froggie sump plugs , and the best choice of male and female torx tools in the country . The complete range of Facom tools from France are at your disposal . If you use froggie tools your car will swoon !!!!!!!!! -joking- Qualitool Geelong ) 03 52218915 qualitool@pipeline.com.au

If its any interest , I run a tool store that sells everything that you need . I stock proper fitting cups for the Purflux oil filters , Timing belt setting tools from Hazet Germany , 8mm. square tools for froggie sump plugs , and the best choice of male and female torx tools in the country . The complete range of Facom tools from France are at your disposal . If you use froggie tools your car will swoon !!!!!!!!! -joking- Qualitool Geelong ) 03 52218915 qualitool@pipeline.com.au

Do you have a shop front in Sydney?