New 182CUP F1 (In Brisbane)

Aussiemark72

Hi everyone,

Just got my new baby, A 182CUP F1 edition in french racing blue. I'm in Brisbane Queensand & had to go to melbourne to get it but was a great road trip getting it back. (Previously vic reg V F1 182 )

I'm interested in track days, motorkhana & skid pan such as Morgan Park, Qld Raceway, Lakeside & mt Cotton and would like to meet other renault guys here is queensland doing similar things arround Brisbane.

I heard http://www.timeattack.com.au is a good starting point but happy to look at anything.

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

good buy with the F1seen this one when I was looking but did not go through all the rego business. found myself a black clio cup in Brisbane in October with very low km.

I am on the sunshine coast and I hardly see any Renault sports around, clio or megane.

I would be interested to go for a hinterland drive form either gold coast, Brisbane or sunshine coast area.

wonder how many clio/megane sports we could gather for a day out?

anyone interestedlet me know.

Track driving sound also good but I better get all the belts done before that.

regards,

Uwe

Welcome aboard to both you guys, feel free to come to any of our drive days.

(Mark's seen it, Uwe take a look viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13754)

In the meantime, any pics would be good, especially if you have any mods to show or speak of.

Enjoy the forum, ask any questions... and see you soon.

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: Uwe, feel free to PM me before you do your belts if you need anything.

Nice to meet you guys,

I'm in Mitchelton on the north east of Brisbane, nice and close to Mt Glorious.

Wish I met ya previously Wolf, I only had 4 days to get a Queensland "safety cert" at Christmass and change rego to QLD before flying out of the country for a month. Needed new tryes and no exalto's in Aus so had to fit precedia's, then in inspection got told my rotors were just under and no cert so had no choice but metro renault spares, for 4 rotors as I had to get them that afternoon to get them fitted, get the cert & still make transport office before the x-mass close.

No mods to mine other than ipod adaptor in the glovebox, has 66k on it and had belts done which was the deciding factor, paid $17,500.

How do we add photo's, it says we need externally hosted, any advice ?

Use photobucket, or any other website like that. Youtube for videos etc.

Just add the copy and paste the url when you post in the Pics section (or any other thread).

Always good to give me at least 4-5 weeks notice for parts anyways. However, if ever you need an quick part from Metro, contact me first, and i'll get you a better price directly from them.

Cheers, and see you on the next run, yeah?

WOLF

Welcome!

I've seen that car a few times. Great price! That was bought new by a member with the username intense if you wanna search his posts. Nice fella - didn't realise he'd sold it.

Griffyn is planning the 2010 National Meet to be held in Brisvegas - see the Social Section for more info.

Enjoy the Clio (and the forum!)

Cheers, Dish.

Thanks,

The guy had traded up to a new BMW 135twin turbo convertable and this was just sitting in his garage for weekends and wasn't getting used.

Hard to find 182CUP's in Brisbane and it's a sellers market up here so I was mainly looking in Sydney which is more of a buyers market & the F1 eddittion was a bonus. Was about to buy 1 in Sydney for $16,500 but pre purchase inspection rang alarm bells with a very noisy gearbox & it needed belts doing and had 80,000kms.

This one, apart from the steering wheel being rough it's in great nick. Belts were done but it did need new tyres and new 4 brake rotors so there was another $1,700 & then needed QLD rego and with stamp duty etc was another $800 so really was closer to $20,000 to get it on the road under my name. PS-I think I got it cheap as I offered him cash & he really liked the idea of the story of the sale, I reckon if it was bank cheque he wouldn't have gone that low. Note-Westpac only had $50's so the stack was about 15cm thick and felt like some sort of drug deal, ha ha.

Hi Mark,

I recently bought a metallic blue 172, similiar story, drove it back from Sydney late August. Live at Samford and drive samford rd. through Michelton most days... The only 182's I could find were 20k or over at the time - about twice as much as I paid for the 172 - nice buy!

PS only just got the rego refund from the RTA, a measly $88 after they deducted everything and made me wait 3 months, what a waste of time, now I should try to get the green slip refund...

I'm just in the back of the Mitchelton High School. I wave when I see you, I'm a big guy & look quite funny seeing me squashed into the clio.

I was lucky that there were about 5 came on the market in November/December & they had to get rid of them so a buyers market especially in Sydney, all about right place right time I guess.

have you seen the queensland drive day forum, there are about 5 clio's here that do regular weekend drives up Mt Glorious etc...

I wave when I see you, I'm a big guy & look quite funny seeing me squashed into the clio.

have you seen the queensland drive day forum, there are about 5 clio's here that do regular weekend drives up Mt Glorious etc...

I must have been driving with my eyes closed again, didn't see you.

In any case I'm off the road from a broken gearbox, if you see anyone in a green Ford Ka (my sisters), be kind, its punishment enough!