Someday soon

Dr P

Weeell even though I have posted a thread and had some other posts I thought I should start here.

I am looking to get into a Megane Sport sometime soon but I am really not being spoiled for choice down here in Melbs atm. That said I have my eye on 2 of them but one dealer is basically a prick and the other one doesn't really think I am serious.

Anyway, hopefully I will catch up with photos of a new ride soon!!!

Just an odd q Can somebody link or post pics of a Ph1 and Ph2 megane so I can see the diffs as what I have heard described confuses me.

The fog lights are recessed into the lower bumper on the Ph2 whilst on the Ph1 they protrude.

Ph1 http://www.meganesport.net/community/sh ... hp?t=31802

Ph2 http://www.automobile-sportive.com/guid ... rs-ph2.php

Also the phII front grill is more angled, and the rear tail lights have a horizontal clear patch (phI is vertical).

Good luck with your search!

hope to see you in a meggy soon mate!

differences

-front bumper features as described above

- rear tail lights

- wheels on the non cup (phase 1 non cup have clio 182 looking wheens, where as the phase 2 non cup have similar looking wheels to the clio 197!)

- ph2 don't get cool orange seat belts like the phase 1's!

- interior is slightly different coloured, and speedo is different on the phase 2

- ph1s are hotter.........

These are the rims I am referring to as dorky.

http://www.netcarshow.com/renault/2004- ... per_01.htm

I think 182 owners might resent that... :wink:

ph1 - sorry but the wheels are dated and the front is relatively dorky - but I guess they are cheaper! :)

It's the first time I've seen a comment about the front of a Megane being dorky. You obviously haven't looked at the back of the car.

Hope its not a sign of things to come but my rear "diamond" badge went missing on Sat night.

Was none too impressed when I discover it Sun Morning.... Off to the spare parts division for me again...

Get a price and part number... i can look into that for you. For some reason though, the badges seem to be high in price no matter it's sourced from. Either way, let me know if i can help.

Cheers,

WOLF

UPDATE: yep, just i thought. $74 from me, and $74 from Renault arpound the corner. Sorry i couldn't help.

• 4 months later...