warren225

Hi, I just bought a 225 megane, seems pretty good so far. I have a few mod's in mind and would seek any feedback from members. has anyone chipped a 225 and if so was it worthwhile? I hear that powerchip do a 198kw chip. As i'm hoping to do some trackwork, is there a chip that deactivates the ESP and so it stays off over 30mph? Also has anyone tried the Auto torque Biasing diff that k-tec are selling in the UK? I assume i would need one to handle 198kw.

Warren.

Welcome! I'm guessing it's a phI 225 if you can't turn the ESP off.

Where abouts are you based Warren?

Not much known about powerchip on here - do a search of RSTuner & RSTuning for remap goodness 8)

Welxome aboard bud!

Not sure about the powerchip giving you 30+kw on a meggy.

Look up RStuner& RS tuning as Alex has mentioned.

As for the diff, there is a group buy on here for the Quaife ATB diff atm for th 197/225 meggys!

• 2 weeks later...

My car is a standard rs 225 3 door.

Ive checked out rs tuning's web site, they claim 20nm more torque but less kw than powerchip, problem would be getting it reflashed from uk, whereas powerchip have a dealer in WA. I might get it dynoed before hand so i can see if it really does increase the power. maybe in a few months time when i get some more coin.

I'd like to work out how to swicth off the ESP. Any clues on that?

My car is a standard rs 225 3 door.

Ive checked out rs tuning's web site, they claim 20nm more torque but less kw than powerchip, problem would be getting it reflashed from uk, whereas powerchip have a dealer in WA. I might get it dynoed before hand so i can see if it really does increase the power. maybe in a few months time when i get some more coin.

I'd like to work out how to swicth off the ESP. Any clues on that?

hey mate welcome :hyper:

ESP.... the car has to be stationary, theres a button right hand side of the steering wheel down near the head light adjusting button... hold button for a couple of sec's till a triangle sign lights up on the dash and away you go :headbang: