Noob from Melbourne. 05' RSC 182 in lovely FRB.

s.patten

hey gang, as soon as i got my new 182, i jumped on to see if there were any good forums going around and voila, here i am.. had the car close to 3 months now, receiving car with 37k on the clock, and now up to 46k, totally impressed with handling, braking, and ability as a sleeper (can it still be a sleeper with the stripes though?)

Did the AAMI driver safety course in it recently too (and therefore enjoyed my 10% premium rebate), and it blitzed everybody in the cornering and braking safety sections as well as gave me the bug for a bit more advanced training..

many thanks already to those from the forum for all the tips and tricks, prices, and directions for best places for a tune-up. in fact im taking it to Alpine affaire on mon for cam/aux change and service, with quote for 700 for cam/aux change alone. hopefully will enjoy a drive-day soon as well

as my first car of any worth, the 182 has thrilled me thus far, especially above 5k rpm.., though i have learnt to not poke the bear when the engine is cold.. flat spot in power 3-4ish when cold. unfortunately auto-headlights stopped working about 3 days ago.. im sure ill find the answer in the forums somewhere.

hope to meet other ozRSC'ers in the flesh soon!

cheers, Scott

if you run a search on the headlights its been disucssed recently.

Method to turn on the auto functiion again is:

Turn ignition to "on position"

Turn headlights to parkers/full (cant remember which one)

Turn headlights off.

Repeat the on/off of the lights again.

At the end it should go beep, this means the auto lights are back on again.

Welcome! Glad to see you're enjoying the wee beastie so much 8)

If you go with white stripes on the FRB, it will definitely stand out a little more but I've got Anthracite stripes on my Arctic Blue & it's a lot more subtle!

Alex

PS. Auto-headlights? Just turn them on yourself! :wink:

Welcome to the community!

Colin will look after your beast, and $700 for the aux/cam change is pretty good.

If you're interested in getting into some more club-level motorsport in and around Melbourne, drop me a PM, I'm more than happy to steer you in the right direction :wink:

Glad you are enjoying the wee beast. Not sure you can claim sleeper status in your car, but it is fun, isn't it :twisted:

it took some research to even actually hear of the 182, i just wanted something quick but economical. i first just punched GTI into carpoint with a budget of 20k (paid 22k in the end..) and read a bunch of reviews, which tended to have the clio comparing favourably with the pug gti 180, and the golf does tend now to be quite the commoner...

• 4 weeks later...