Brisbane - '05 RSC 182cup

Jared_182cup

Hey all,

Recently bought a black 2005 Renault Sport Clio 182cup and absolutely love it. I got it from a dealer with just under 70,000km on the clock for $16,500. It's in pretty good condition, cept for a few small scratches and the steering wheel seems to melt if i park it in the sun. is this normal?

It's my first car, been on my P's for just under a year now. Are there any other P platers out there with on of these? :P

Thanks!

-Jared :nod:

I bought mine on my Green P's and Claudio is on his from memory.

They are great cars, jsut be careful they ahve quite a high limit so when they do let go or you do something silly it can go wrong in a big way.

Other than that they are great!

and yes the wheel is normal.

Welcome Jared! Great choice of car 8)

Run a search on mods - this topic covered to the nth degree. I'd suggest searching terms like "exhaust", "remap", "springs" etc etc.

Enjoy the forum & get along to a QLD social event :mrgreen:

Alex

yeah, I've had it for about 2months now and am still too scared to push it hard. lol.

Any mods you'd recommend? I've had a K&N pod filter put on but have no idea what else to do.

hmmm as in an apollo filter?

Makes more noise but no more power.

I would get to understand the car first.

Griffyn will be in here soon

but the best mod you can do is buy a helmet and get along to a proper circuit day with some instruction.

Other than that quick anad sensible mods like good tyres (PE2, AD07, 595RSR, KU36) good pads (DS2500) and a RS tuner will get you in the game.

Other than that its an uphill battle trying to get more out of what is already a pretty well developed package.

Welcome! Sounds like you got yourself a bargain... can't believe how cheap these are going for these days... we have a Racing Blue 182 Cup LE and love it dearly :)

yeah, i was pretty stoked when i got mine at that price. Was looking around for ages for a cheaper one, almost ended up buying a 172 till this popped up on carpoint.

As far as I know it was part of a divorce settlement so they were trying to offload it quickly. It also came with sheep skin seat covers which I've taken off and am looking to sell. Any idea how much these might be worth?

I would get to understand the car first.

Griffyn will be in here soon

'Mornin Sunshine.

Someone called? :lol:

Get yourself on track. Fun, cheap and lets you learn your own limitations.

I've had my 182 BO LE for 3 years now, and haven't changed anything mechanical from stock - I simply don't see the need. It's quick, fun and practical as it stands, anything I'm likely to do runs the risk of messing that up.

I believe Chris has made his car quicker with mods, but the point at which it starts to let go, while coming later, comes quicker, leaving less time to catch it. This caught him out on his first trackday. Unfortunately for him, it was the 2008 National meet, and it's now the stuff of legend around these parts :wink:

Welcome to the community!

I believe Chris has made his car quicker with mods, but the point at which it starts to let go, while coming later, comes quicker, leaving less time to catch it. This caught him out on his first trackday. Unfortunately for him, it was the 2008 National meet, and it's now the stuff of legend around these parts :wink:

I don't think you can blame the car for the off on the first corner of the first lap on his first trackday... :rofl:

Sounds like a heap of fun, lol...

would love to have a go on a track, just not exactly sure how to get on one or where they are. Whereabouts in the Brisbane area can I go and how much will it cost me? being a uni student I don't have much time.. or money.. lol

Sounds like a heap of fun, lol...

would love to have a go on a track, just not exactly sure how to get on one or where they are. Whereabouts in the Brisbane area can I go and how much will it cost me? being a uni student I don't have much time.. or money.. lol

Check the advanced driving & trackday section. Quite a lot of organised events are popping up. The average in NSW seems to be around the $150 (usually incl. instruction) but some Open Days are cheaper.

Matt (Psycho) will be able to fill you in on QLD circuits but I know he loves Queensland Raceway :wink:

I don't think you can blame the car for the off on the first corner of the first lap on his first trackday... :rofl:

Still my fault, however i blame the brand new unscrubbed tyres with their shiny sheen.

Oh and holding the brake on during turn-in...that cant have helped either.