Need a Renaultsport Fix.

ExPommey225

Been living in Sydney for 5 months now, having moved from Cambridge in the UK. Seen a few Megs about, latest was an black R26 across the cahill expressway then on over the bridge after which he then turned off towards Mosman/Manly.

Wound the window done and whoosh of the exhaust tugged at the heart strings.

In the UK I had a 172, 182, 225 Phase 1 and 2. My second Meg was fettled by the Doctor up in Leeds, with Magnex exhaust. Took to the track once, and could believe a car could handle like that :lol:

Having a look at prices here for a weekend car, given there are some great roads around Sydney, although sticking to speed limit seems to be a national past time. Can't believe how expensive European cars are, saw a Clio 255 on carsales for 83k !

Hope to see a few more of you around in my Mazda Cx-9 barge, and will be joining you in 182 or 225 guise soon. Does the Oz 225 come with the recaro bucket seats ?

Welcome mate.

Oh...the straight answer to your question is no....Renault Oz do not import Meganes with the Recaros. The official reason is that the ADR homologation was too costly, but given the number of new cars I have homolgated and certified in my previous jobs I know that it is just PR line to cover up the cost saving this decision was.

If you have any mates in old blighty who locate a set for my R26 please let me know.

Been living in Sydney for 5 months now, having moved from Cambridge in the UK. Seen a few Megs about, latest was an black R26 across the cahill expressway then on over the bridge after which he then turned off towards Mosman/Manly.

Wound the window done and whoosh of the exhaust tugged at the heart strings.

In the UK I had a 172, 182, 225 Phase 1 and 2. My second Meg was fettled by the Doctor up in Leeds, with Magnex exhaust. Took to the track once, and could believe a car could handle like that :lol:

Having a look at prices here for a weekend car, given there are some great roads around Sydney, although sticking to speed limit seems to be a national past time. Can't believe how expensive European cars are, saw a Clio 255 on carsales for 83k !

Hope to see a few more of you around in my Mazda Cx-9 barge, and will be joining you in 182 or 225 guise soon. Does the Oz 225 come with the recaro bucket seats ?

Welcome to OzRS

Euro cars are exxy here, particularly any RS models.

As stated no Recaro option for any RS models due to ADR (Australian Design Regs)

Finally we are due to get 40 R27's with Recaros but at an unbelievable 39 AUD+ with an increase on the way viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11191

Good luck with your search :mrgreen:

Welcom ExPom!

That V6 255 you saw is the only one in the country, hence the ridiculous asking price & the fact it has been on Carsales for the best part of a year.

As stated above, no Recaros in RS models, and modding your RS over here is not very cheap :(

Hope you're enjoying Sydney & not missing the Motherland.

Alex

PS. If we'd known you were coming, we would've got you to buy a V6 Clio, own it for 12 months & bring it out here with you!