RS225 Cup Black - Nothern Beaches

marcin

Thought I introduce myself first,

This is my first Renault, experienced in Japanese market, owned 3 civics and just recently sold prelude VTiR and got myself RS (Dec 08), a bit tired with V-tec, good but way to many of them around.

Interested in what so special about the RS, what would be the easiest way to get it up to 200kW margin?

Anyone, please let me know where can I get short shifter cause the stock is a bit annoying,

I’m used to having prelude 7cm stiff of the ground, being able to freely open the door next to the kerb is a new experience for me

cheers,

Welcome. Try K-tec racing website for Meggy mods & also join up Meganesport.net for lots of info. I'm sure Brendan will be along shortly to give you more specific details :wink:

Enjoy the forum & the joys of French motoring!

Alex

Welcome to the forum mate :)

Hooray for another meggy owner in NSW :D

You'll probably soon find out, if you haven't already, the local support for the meggy (aswell as worldwide) is rather lacking. The meggy is also not the easiest car to go and mod, if you have a look in the engine bay, its a bloody mess and not much room to play with anything - meaning most changes requires a great wall of china effort compared to the JDM cars - parts are also more expensive in general too.

To get to 200kw (i'm assuming atw?), you'll need bigger turbo and things along those lines and even then you prolly won't crack the 200kw atw mark. I am no expert, and not saying it can't be done, but it will require quite an upgrade to the existing engine, and the money u spent might have been better used to get an evo10!!!

Also being a FWD car, handling the power is another issue too.

Take a look on meganesport.net, tonnes of info on there.

I haven't come across a specific aftermarket short shift kit for the meggy yet, but i know the r26r does run one, so if you can't find anything might be worth trying to source the r26r one.

Cheers,

Brendan

thanks for your info, 200kW is just a thought but looks like quite expensive one and complicated, we'll see what happens, so far I like the torque.

As far as I know the 5-door RS has no LSD (correct me if I'm wrong) - is it worth fitting it in? (sorry if it was discussed in other forum)

thanks for your info, 200kW is just a thought but looks like quite expensive one and complicated, we'll see what happens, so far I like the torque.

As far as I know the 5-door RS has no LSD (correct me if I'm wrong) - is it worth fitting it in? (sorry if it was discussed in other forum)

IT DOESNT AND YES IT IS WORTH FITTING (imho) IT BUT STILL NOT A CHEAP THING TO DO.

Hey There, welcome along to the forum. You have made a nice choice, thats for sure. :D

Interested in what so special about the RS

Well, what made you buy it mate ? A car has gotta mean something to anyone who forks out the cash for it......its probably something different for everyone, but here we all are. If you hang around the forum long enough you'll probably find out one of the added bonuses of owning an RS is that a lot of other good folks own them too......

what would be the easiest way to get it up to 200kW margin?

There is no easy way unfortunately. Brendan gave you a fairly good summery. A top end figure is just a number you can rarely use anyway, getting a nice big fat torque curve right in the sweet spot is where its at.....and there are a couple of aftermarket tuning options available for that.

Anyone, please let me know where can I get short shifter cause the stock is a bit annoying

This seems to be a fairly common complaint from new RSM owners, but most of them just get used to it. If you are really keen, I'd be thinking of annowing "B&M", or K-Tek have suggested they have one in the pipeline. But same as most things, if you have a number of interested purchasers lined up (group buy) you will probably have better luck in getting something made up.

Regarding the LSD, check out the Quaife website. If several grand all up makes you stutter, then don't bother going any further. I don't think we have a Meggy with an aftermarket LSD in Aus yet....but it would make a huge improvement. Something we R26 owners don't have to worry about.

Cheers - Dave.........and Enjoy the Meggy. :D

you know, i have been thinking about whether i should fit an lsd, as i have a standard 225 cup. For me its too costly a process, it would be great, but i think for around 3k + there are other things i'd rather spend the moolah on :)

plus, at our last 2 national events, 225 cups showed the r26 club up :D

You know, if you actually had the 3 grand to spend on your car, no strings attached, I think it would be a no brainer. But I'm guessing you don't have 3 grand to burn.

To some people, 3 grand is a world of pain and hurt, to others, its just spare change in an extra coat pocket.

No telling how much faster you might have gone (at the nats) with an LSD, but thats by the by.

Just don't forget, its not all about being on the track. The P1225 cup was a **edit** on the road to get the power down...the suspension is just not forgiving........the R26 just *edit* all over it for day to day driving, and in the hands of the same expert driver (the R26) will lay down the fastest time.

.....believe people who have owned both.

(Edited out my "cussin")...

thank you all for the responces

I guess i have to drive one with LSD to see the diff,

love the brakes, the torque, the 6 gears, the pull when uphill, the rims, ......

so far i'm only sad about having no indash LCD and the long gear shift - hard to get used to it for me cause i had it very short in prelude

anyway thanks for your input people

hey buddy

welcome to the forum... i.ve got a black 3door, black is an awsome colour........... hard to keep clean but LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

in regards to power increase, first step is to remap the ecu.... ckeck out Fastchip.nl they have a product called the RStuner...great little thing!!!!!!!!! a few of us have it, its bang for buck costing around $500 shipped over to Aus!!!!!!!!

we are organising a drive on Sunday 1st of March in the morning, maybe driving to national park or something???

check out the social section for details........ you should come test out some corners!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Bruno

G'day Marcin.

Welcome. I work in the Brookvale area. If you want to drop me a PM I'll happily catch up with you so you can see and sample the RSTuner.

Like you I have modded other cars...but the RSTuner will give you 25-30kW for $500. Best BFYB ever. Otherwise you WILL spend shed loads for not a lot of gain.

Enjoy the car....I'm lovin mine.