Very, very happy new owner from Melbourne

marcus172

Hi Guys,

After many months of waiting and saving I've finally got the keys for a stock standard 2002 clio 172. I picked her up yesterday from NSW yesterday and brought her back to Melbourne (via the backroads, naturally).

While I'm just introducing myself now that i'm an owner, I've been trawling this site for a few months now so already know what a great resource and community ozrenaultsport is.

I'm in inner melbourne (st kilda) and don't see too many RS's this way (although I do see a couple in the windsor end of chapel street occasionally - any one from here?) but i'll be sure to wave when i do!

Hey marcus, Welcome, I am relatively new myself! I drive a Black Megane 225 and live in Prahran so you may have seen me around the area. What colour did you get? I'll keep my eyes peeled that way! :)

i must confess I mainly have eyes for the clios - not because I don't like the meganes but merely as I've known I was soon to be a clio owner. i promise from now I won't discriminate! Incidently, i drove up to NSW in a new meggy 225 cup - very nice indeed. a shame the hume has zero corners.

mine's iceberg silver, currently with NSW plates. ozcup225 - we are practically neighbours - i'm just in behind the astor theatre, about 3 metres inside the st kilda border. hope to see you on the road.

Hi Guys,

I picked her up yesterday from NSW yesterday and brought her back to Melbourne (via the backroads, naturally).

I did the same thing a couple of months ago. :) Was a lot of fun.

Welcome mate, cya around.

Welcome. I'm sure you will love the car even more as time goes by.

I'm selling mine at the moment, and it is quite unexpected. The 2 serious queries I have had are both from Melbourne, I am located in Sydney. Looks like all the Clios are moving south.

Welcome to the forum, I think that car was on here do you know who the owner is?

You should stick your head in for the drive or track day at the nationals, just PM pops.

Yeah I do know the owner - its my uncle! Don't think it would have been on here. I do like family rates though!

Apologies to the NSW folk for stealing one down south

Awesome story dude!

Welcome & enjoy 8)

and yes we need more RS retention in NSW!

• 2 weeks later...
hey marcus,

i'm always in the windsor end of chapel street so say hi if you see me!

silver 172 with grey stripes.

happy driving!

sam

small world, looks like there a few of us up this end of chapel! look out for the black 172 guys.

• 1 month later...

Welcome Marcus, and just keep on enjoying

I've puchased twp cups now and driven home from Syd and Melb, it's great fun isn't it, so comfy long distance, cruise control on the 182's is great, at $700 aftermarket on the 172's it's a great asset, saves you that in speed fines around town

cheers pete

• 4 weeks later...