What type of exhuast should i put on my clio sport 182?

emu

No real R & D has been done in Aus as to what exhaust will provide you with more power for your 182, or 172 for that matter. Most companies will claim a 10 hp increase, maybe even more but many people leave dissapointed and with a lighter wallet, do your research custom exhausts wont always give power and importing an off the shelf item will be too expensive.

Some guys on the board have had good results just replacing the cat and back box, other have replaced the whole system and lost power, do a search and ye shall find your answer...

normally i wouldn't say this... but with the 182, I firmly beilieve that Renault has got most out of the thing. Everything in the upgrade was spent on the exhaust, even at the expense of interior quality, and the 172 was hardly impressive. I doubt very much you will get anything for replacing the 182's xorst.

well You might get something and loose something,...

If you go to a free flowing exhaust then you will gain some top-end power ... then again you will loose a lot of bottom end torque as well due to no back pressure

Driveability might suffer a bit....

Give it a try and tell us what happens I have a 182 and interested....

Santosh

There are some nice custom exhausts on Cliosport.net but no one has dyno'd their cars and they have the problem of bumpers melting.

You will notice the 182s have exhaust tips screwed on the back of the pipes. They work good to stop the bumper going black and they stay very cool so you don't burn your leg going to the boot while also not melting the bumper/black trim bits.

To fit bigger exhaust pipes and screw on tips you would have to cut into the bumper.

I don't really like the look of this anyway.

under0zx.th.jpg

back6fb.th.jpg

Supersprint do a system for the 182.

We have ours coming together at the moment, will find out prices on shipping to Aus, but we will have a loud loud version and a loud version :wink:

system will be a complete de-cat.

a de-cat will release as much power as a system...

/y0z

system will be a complete de-cat.

a de-cat will release as much power as a system...

/y0z

are you sure that is an entirely good idea?

if you do go ahead, watch the claws, the have a habit of scratching

:wink:

In Aus it is illegal to not have a cat in your system, if the cops or EPA catch you without one there is a very big fine involved, last i remember 35k!

This dosent mean that you cant just upgrade to a highflow cat though, i have heard that the SS V8 cats flow extreemly well for a stocko, but at 3" adaptors would have to be made to hook it up to the system and im not to sure what kind of effect the increase and decrease in diameter would have with power output