hello - just purchased

antony101

Hello - i just purchased a 2007 complianced megane 225 sport in gold black

I also got window tint and paint protection.

I have the 17 inch mags the same as all 2 doors - but they are silver.

Does anybody know a good mag wheel painter in Brisbane??

Antony

I used to drive a 172 clio and have a spare mag wheel with a couple of scrap marks on it if anybody wants it - its free!

Welcome mate!! im sure someone will snap up the offer of the wheel

all 3 door meggys (excluding the F1 & R26) come with silver wheels 'cos they anthracite ones are cup wheels (and we don't get 3-door cups here :( apart from the F1 & R26)

but yeh, get em painted, they'll look hot!

Did u only just find us? How are u finding the change from the clio to the meggy?

Enjoy!

Alex

Thanks for the hospitality boys.

I found a body shop to do the work on the wheels, the only problem is getting them off and on - i.e i do not want to leave the car on axle stands for a long period of time.

Anway the change from clio to megane was a very enjoyable one. Firstly the ignition is a lot better with the card and push button - some may think its a little thing but it makes the experience more enjoyable.

Interior room is also obviously a plus over the clio.

On the road the Megane for me wins hands down - its more comfortable, less irritated by bumps in the road and I think it is better on fuel.

And dont get me started on performance becasue the megane 225 is in a differnet league in a straight line.

To all other brisbane/qld owners of renaults - LETS ORGANISE A TRACK DAY!

Hello - i just purchased a 2007 complianced megane 225 sport in gold black

I also got window tint and paint protection.

I have the 17 inch mags the same as all 2 doors - but they are silver.

Does anybody know a good mag wheel painter in Brisbane??

Antony

I used to drive a 172 clio and have a spare mag wheel with a couple of scrap marks on it if anybody wants it - its free!

3dr, 17", dark tint in Black looks awesome. I reckon better than the F1. Do you have leather option? If i had the choice of leather or 18's i'd take the leather. Any day.

I dont have leather - but i am getting all the blue material changed to leather- like the clio leather/cloth seats.

Also as a caveat to my earlier post comparing the clio to the megane. I love clio's and they are radical cars i just love the megane as well. Id rather just compare renaults to the likes of vw as than nobody here should get offended.

As soon as all my mods are done - probably the end of April ill post some pictures. Ill take a few of the car how it is now and post them as well.

Also - you must tint your windows darkest legal if you have a dark megane. It makes the car look so much better.

Antony

I dont have leather - but i am getting all the blue material changed to leather- like the clio leather/cloth seats.

Also as a caveat to my earlier post comparing the clio to the megane. I love clio's and they are radical cars i just love the megane as well. Id rather just compare renaults to the likes of vw as than nobody here should get offended.

As soon as all my mods are done - probably the end of April ill post some pictures. Ill take a few of the car how it is now and post them as well.

Also - you must tint your windows darkest legal if you have a dark megane. It makes the car look so much better.

Antony

Hey mate I was considering making the jump to the R26, but was concerned that I wouldn't like the bigger car and the "chuckableness" of the Clio. So your post intrest me, we have to wait until I test drive a 225 Cup and see what I think :P

To all other brisbane/qld owners of renaults - LETS ORGANISE A TRACK DAY!

Hi Anthony, welcome to the forum and good to see another renault owner in the sunny state. You want to get a long to a track day then come along to Queensland Raceway on April 14, for the sprints. There are a few of us going and it is a good day overall. You can have a look at a few videos and pics from tha last time we went out also it has all the links and information required on the first page http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4687&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Welcome again and hopefully we can organise a get together for all the Briso and GC guys.

after teh firt body shop screwd me around we painting the wheels and a brief desire to but teh original 18's (too expensive) i have found a real powder caoter that will do the job. I iwll post pictures when complete.

Is there nay secret to removing teh tyre pressure sensors??

Antony

wheels are off and getting stripped and painted...pics thursday night if they are finished by then

Hey mate cant want to see the picts of the wheels :D:D

I have been thinking about going gloss black on my cup, i recon they will make the blood organge stand out like dogs balls :D:D

Where did you get them done if you dont mid me asking..

Cheers & Welcome Tom